Saturday, July 12, 2008

I don't buy it.

Is it just me, or are television commercials getting stupider? Either the people who make the commercials are morons, or they assume that the rest of us are.

The ones that have been driving me crazy for at least the past few months are for a popular pain reliever (I won't mention its name in case they have spies). They talk about how people use different pain relievers for different pains (back pain, knee pain, head pain, etc), but now they're "All (particular brand of pain reliever)." Um, really? There are people out there who have a different pain reliever for hand pain than the one they use for elbow pain? Are these people idiots? Where did they even manage to FIND different pain relievers for the various parts of their bodies? Personally, I've always just used one pain reliever (generic) for all types of pain. I've never been in a situation where I thought, "Oh no! My foot hurts, and the only things I have in my cupboard are ankle pain reliever, shoulder pain reliever, and thumb pain reliever! If only there were something that could help with general pain!"

The other commercial that I've grown to hate after only having seen it twice is one for a fiber supplement where a woman talks about how she doesn't have room in her schedule to make time for eating fiber. How does she have time to eat other things, yet somehow her schedule is too jam-packed for fiber? Does it take her longer to chew foods with fiber than it does to chew those without? I can just picture her, staring anxiously at her calendar, thinking "I can't eat fiber at 2:00 because I have a meeting, and I can't eat fiber at 6:00 because that's dinner time. When can I possibly eat fiber??" In my opinion, if you're too busy to eat foods from one particular food group and not any others, you're probably really bad at time management.

I've decided that from now on, I'm not purchasing any products with stupid commercials. Who's with me?

2 comments:

Glamorous Life of a House Wife said...

Okay, you are too funny! I laughed out loud at the fiber thing. So true and absolutely hysterical!

Deutlich said...

commercials are definitely getting stupider.

In my opinion, we don't devote nearly enough scientific research to finding a cure for jerks. ~ Calvin & Hobbes