Monday, September 29, 2008

Bad day

Days like today remind me how lucky I am to be married to Mr. Darling.

For the past six months at least, I've been planning, dreaming, scheming, and organizing for Mr. Darling's med school graduation party (which isn't until next year, but hey, I want it to be perfect, and you can't rush perfection!) After months of looking for the perfect venue, I finally found it, and Mr. D totally approved. They don't start taking reservations for the space until September 29 (today), so I had it all planned out - I was going to call at 12:00:01 a.m. this morning and book the perfect hall. Except, of course, that I forgot. Despite the fact that I've emailed the manager five times to confirm the day. Despite the fact that my calendar said "Book (name of venue)!!!" highlighted in purple. I completely forgot. And the venue books fast. And I had taken the day off to spend time with Mr. D who also miraculously had a day off, so I never opened my calendar.

And suddenly at 4:00pm, as I was straightening the living room, I came across a brochure for the venue, and I ran upstairs crying to Mr. D that I'd forgotten and his party was ruined and I was the worst wife ever. I called the manager and left a message, just in case, then I curled up in a ball and sobbed. Really hard. For like half an hour.

Ok, so reality stars (even the fake ones) typically overreact to things, so I know that this sounds like me just being a drama queen, but it's really, really important to me that his party be perfect! I'm so proud of him, and I want to throw him the world's best medical school graduation party!

Anywho, as I was sobbing and apologizing profusely to Mr. D, he massaged my shoulders and told me that he wasn't at all mad or disappointed and that we'd find another venue. Then he cooked me dinner, went to Blockbuster to rent me some Desperate Housewives, and got me ice cream. Um, yeah, am I lucky or what? I screw up booking a venue for his party, and somehow I get ice cream out of the deal.

Still, I'm utterly distraught and 99% sure that I'm totally venue-less for the party. Ugh ugh ugh. If you could all cross your fingers, say a prayer, and participate in any other type of cosmic intervention on my behalf, it would be much appreciated. 'Cause this venue is totally perfect, and in all likelihood, totally booked.

*Sigh*

4 comments:

Neva said...

I hope it works out well, but at the very least you know Mr. D is fabulous :)

Maki said...

Awww! Cheer up, my girlfriend! I know you'll find another perfect place. Did you put your name for waiting list just in case if anyone cancels the venue?

You still have plenty time - and remember, things happen for a reason. I'm sure you'll find better place!!!

Marie said...

I wish I could tell you the right thing to make it all better. My best offereing is that I am notoriously inaccurate about dates and times. I even hear one thing and write down another on the calendar. So the best I can offer is that I feel your pain. Oh, yes I do!

eda said...

潤滑液,SM,內衣,性感內衣,自慰器,充氣娃娃,AV,

情趣按摩棒,自慰套,角色扮演,按摩棒,跳蛋,情趣跳蛋,
按摩棒,電動按摩棒,飛機杯,視訊,自慰套,自慰套,情趣用品,情趣內衣,

.,
情趣,G點,性感丁字褲,情趣,角色扮演服,吊帶襪,丁字褲,情趣用品,無線跳蛋,男女,

In my opinion, we don't devote nearly enough scientific research to finding a cure for jerks. ~ Calvin & Hobbes