Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Conclusion

After the drama of yesterday, I showed up to work this morning in a terrible mood and still on the verge of tears. I was feeling like a total failure for forgetting to book Mr. Darling's graduation party venue, and this morning's rain didn't help my mood at all. (When I told one of my coworkers about my huge mistake, he jokingly "comforted" me by saying, "Well, who knows what will happen. Mr. D might not even end up graduating, and then you won't need the venue." Gee, thanks.) Then, to further darken my mood, we had a staff meeting today at work (which ended up lasting for six hours. Hurrah.)

During one of our much-needed breaks from the world's longest staff meeting, I checked my cell phone, and I had a voicemail, which turned out to be from the manager of the venue that I called way too late yesterday. The message just said to call her back, and I was trying very, very hard to avoid getting my hopes up so that I wouldn't end up sobbing at work.

Anyway, long story short, I called her back, and....

I GOT THE VENUE!!!! Amazingly, miraculously, nobody else had tried to book it for that day, so it was mine!! I didn't screw up Mr. D's party after all! When the manager told me that the venue was mine, I actually asked "Are you serious??" and then proceeded to tell her about how I cried for half an hour yesterday. I tend to over-share. Then, when I called and ecstatically told Mr. D my great news, he told me that he just got his last set of board scores back, and he passed with flying colors, so he will be a real live doctor this coming spring!

As a side note, in my panic and tears yesterday, I did a massive internet search for other suitable venues in our area, found two I hadn't heard of before that looked acceptable (although not quite as good), and emailed them about the date (for various reasons, there is only one date that will work for us to have the party). Funnily enough, both of them got back to me today and said that the date is available, so it turns out I wouldn't have been totally venue-less anyway. (Although one, which was a former industrial building and is now a historic landmark that's been turned into an "interpretive space" and looks really awesome from the outside, told me in their email that, "Due to the industrial nature of the building, these facilities will be maintained to match their original usage (surfaces will contain dust, dirt, cobwebs, dead bugs, etc.)" Um, they weren't a manufacturer of insecticides, so I'm unclear as to why dead bugs are a necessary part of the ambiance... sounds like someone's trying to get out of having to pay for a janitor. So, that one was clearly out of the running.)

In summation, I'm a very happy (albeit totally over-dramatic) girl.

Love y'all,
Tova Darling

7 comments:

A said...

seriously I love to hear the latest drama. Reality tv step aside-there's a new girl in town!

Cora said...

You know, I have to tell you, you have got to be the SWEETEST person I've ever "met" in blog-world! I am just soo touched by you. I mean, of course, a husband's graduation party would be important to his wife, but I can tell it was EXTRA important to you. He's a lucky, fortunate fella, that Mr Darling! And it sounds like he knows it too as he healed your pain with ice cream (gotta love it!!). :-) Congratualtions to both you and your husband -- I'm glad the day has turned out to be spectacular for you! You'll have to post pictures of the party and the awesome venue once it's done. Can't wait to see them!

Maki said...

Aww I'm so happy for you!!!!
That's great that you got the venue - your prayer answered!!! Now we get to see your dream party for your sweetheart..

Piece o' Coconut Cake said...

I'm glad to hear everything worked out!

Kurt said...

Glad to hear everything worked out all right. I'm also glad that I didn't get on for a few days and was able to read both of those back to back, or else I would have been worried too haha. I would have been hanging out with my friends, a distraught look tied to my face, and when they would have asked what was wrong I wouldn't be able to tell them without 1. feeling like an idiot, and 2. getting laughed at for weeks.

Marie said...

What a relief after a nerve-wracking couple of days! Congratulations! And congratulations to your husband.

eda said...

潤滑液,SM,內衣,性感內衣,自慰器,充氣娃娃,AV,

情趣按摩棒,自慰套,角色扮演,按摩棒,跳蛋,情趣跳蛋,
按摩棒,電動按摩棒,飛機杯,視訊,自慰套,自慰套,情趣用品,情趣內衣,

.,
情趣,G點,性感丁字褲,情趣,角色扮演服,吊帶襪,丁字褲,情趣用品,無線跳蛋,男女,

In my opinion, we don't devote nearly enough scientific research to finding a cure for jerks. ~ Calvin & Hobbes