Friday, October 10, 2008

Meme!

I've been tagged by Piece 'o Coconut Cake!

Here are the Rules:

1.Link to the person that tagged you
2.Post the rules on your blog
3.Share six non-important things/habits/quirks about yourself
4.Tag six random people at the end of your post by linking to their blogs
5.Let each random person know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their website.
6.Let your tagger know when your entry is UP.

Here are some non-important facts about me. Enjoy the randomness!

1. I am VERY grossed out by saliva. It's utterly repulsive (and it totally smells funny). Mr. Darling knows this, of course, so when I tickle him (ok, I'm a bully), he threatens to drool on me. Stops me in my tracks every time. I blame it on the fact that my best friend since 7th grade used to grab my face and LICK it when we were young and strange. No, seriously. It gives me nightmares. This is also one reason that I don't think I could ever handle having a dog. Too much saliva.

2. I have very green eyes. They're so green that I've actually been "accused" of secretly wearing colored contacts. (I don't wear contacts, colored or otherwise). Sometimes random people stop me in public and ask me if I'm Irish because of my eye color (I'm not Irish). No one else in my family has green eyes.

3. I don't like pasta. Every time people find that out, they act like I've just revealed that I hate sunshine and happiness. It's not so much that I dislike pasta... I just think it's a waste of time. I'm also not a huge fan of steak. Give me chicken and potatoes, and I'm a happy girl.

4. I'm afraid of getting haircuts. When I was in second grade, I got a haircut that was so short that I looked like a boy. The next morning, I was standing at my locker, and when I turned around, a boy in my class said "Oh, Tova, it's you! I thought we had a new boy in our class!" Ever since then, I've insisted upon having really long hair.

5. I won't leave the house without full eye makeup, no matter what I'm wearing. Even if I'm just running to Wal-Mart dressed in sweatpants and with my hair in a huge messy ball on the top of my head, my eyes have to be all made-up. When I'm feeling lazy, I often completely ignore the rest of my face. No foundation, no powder, no lipstick, no blush, no bronzer... just eye makeup.

6. I CAN'T sleep with socks on. It could be 20 degrees in my room, and my feet could be almost numb, but they have to be bare.


And now for the tagging. I tag:

1. Cora
2. Leetid
3. Kurt
4. Lydia
5. April
6. Whitney

9 comments:

Glamorous Life of a House Wife said...

WE ARE THE SAME PERSON. Well, except for #3 & #4. I love me some pasta and I'm not TOO afraid of hair cuts. Though I have never done anything drastic. :) But I hate saliva, have green eyes, and can NOT sleep with socks on. Loved this - it made me laugh.

Dr Zibbs said...

I hear you with the socks. In fact, no matter how cold it is, I need to sleep in the nude. Also, since when does saliva smell, and did anyone accidently spit on you while talking?

LYDIA said...

Hello you!

I also have very green eyes and have been asked if they were contacts on many occasions. Most people in my family have green eyes actually. Mine have a ring of blue and orange in them - but still mostly green. Oh, and my tag is up!

A said...

tova, thanks for the tag! It was fun to read about you, I once got green contacts to disguise my blue eyes and people asked me if they were contacts...

Cora said...

Hi Tova!

Thanks for the tag -- I've never been tagged in blog-world before (ooOOooOOooh scary! Actually, no, it was FUN!).

My tag is up.

You've got to -- GOT TO -- post a picture of those green eyes by the way. :-)

Leetid said...

Thanks for the tag!

Mine is up. It did make me think cause I found it hard coming up with 6 things!!

Rachel said...

I can deal with pasta, but absolutely cannot tolerate spaghetti sauce.

Island Girl said...

I totally agree with #'s 5 and 6!

Agent Elle said...

I'm with you on the hair thing. I too had a REALLY disastrous haircut when I was 12 and it scarred me in terms of visiting the salon. I'm always extremely wary!

In my opinion, we don't devote nearly enough scientific research to finding a cure for jerks. ~ Calvin & Hobbes