Monday, October 27, 2008

Ugh.

A brief list of things I did today (not in order of importance):
  • Blew my nose approximately 473 times.
  • Wrote an angry letter to the makers of DayQuil (Seriously. This is not a joke. They incurred my wrath because they changed their formula a year or two ago, and the new formula does NOT work. I told them that their product is crap and that it's their fault I was miserable at work all day.)
  • Somehow managed to get spyware on my work computer, thereby leaving myself without a computer at work all day today and probably half of the day tomorrow.
  • Used my lunch hour to go to the pharmacy and get new cold medicine that isn't crap.
  • Whined to Mr. Darling about how I don't feel well, using the following methods of communication: 1. Phone 2. Text message 3. Face-to-face conversation. (But not email, because I had no computer at work.)
  • Ate nothing but a banana and half of a piece of pizza.
  • Went to the post office.
  • Got randomly and unjustifiably irritated with Mr. Darling for doing the following things: 1. Going to the doctor. 2. Going to the mall. 3. Saying that his laryngitis might be worse than mine. 4. Suggesting that he might have pneumonia.
  • Came home from work, laid on my bed for an hour, and watched Family Feud and Pyramid.
  • Wrote this post.

I know that you all wish that your lives were as glamorous as mine is, but sadly, there can only be one Tova Darling. I'd type more, but it's hard to type while holding a huge wad of tissues.

(PS - this is totally cosmic payback for me complaining about my coworker being sick last week.)

8 comments:

Cora said...

Oh, Tova, I know how you feel. Being sick SUCKS - but at work with inept medication? That's just TORTURE! Have some soup, get some rest, and call in sick tomorrow (since you won't have a computer anyway, right?). Hope you feel better soon!

Not The Rockefellers said...

Call in sick. Really.
And don't feel the least bit guilty for doing so.
Drink plenty of fluids.
Sleep, all day.
This is the only way to get better.
Your boss would do this.
If you are the boss, shame on you. ;)

Peace - Rene

Piece o' Coconut Cake said...

Aw, honey, feel better... :-(

Dr Zibbs said...

The Tova Darling that I have in my head never blows her nose or is sick. Please rewrite this post.

pj said...

The trick is to take the nighttime sleep stuff at work, followed by a redbull. It makes work more fun when you have uppers and downers fighting it out in your system.

Candy's daily Dandy said...

Love the ps at the end of the post because that was the first thing I was thinking when I read your post! So now you must be true to your word and call in sick so you don't infect your co-workers. (I am sure that your sick colleauge is most certianly to blame for your predicament) Rest and get well soon.

LYDIA said...

Hopefully you bought the medicine that you have to show your id for - that's the only stuff that works.

Classy Stiletto said...

I've passed along the Bookworm award to you! I love your blog! See mine for details! Congratulations!

In my opinion, we don't devote nearly enough scientific research to finding a cure for jerks. ~ Calvin & Hobbes