Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Slacker

And now for a list of reasons that Tova Darling has not updated her blog or commented on anyone else's blog or really done anything at all blog-related since last week:
  1. Bronchitis
  2. Sinusitis (yeah, I had both. It was a blast.)
  3. An antibiotic that made me feel both dizzy and nauseous, despite the package's promise that "less than 3% of patients" experienced those particular side effects. (You know me, I've always gotta be different.)
  4. Mr. Darling's sister was in town. That was actually a whole lot of fun, but it would've been more fun if I'd been healthy. I took a few days off of work to hang out with her, go to the doctor and cough a lot.
  5. I have a new irrational fear of blogs. Clicking on a strange blog while at work was what caused my computer to nearly self-destruct. The virus that I got during the four seconds that I spent on that blog actually un-installed my anti-virus software and then uploaded all kinds of crap, which made everything stop working, and our IT guy had to re-install just about everything onto my computer. Good times.
  6. I'm basically a slacker.

Other than that, though, life is pretty great! Yes, I plan to vote after work today. (I went to the polling place before work only to find a really long line stretching out of the building, so I had to wait.) Yes, I know who I'm voting for, and no, I'm not telling. I have an apolitical reputation to maintain.

One of these days (maybe sometime this week, if you're lucky), I'll get back to posting about my thoughts and feelings about random, unimportant things instead of talking about how sick I've been. So, that's something to look forward to. Also, I will be commenting on all of your blogs. And responding to all of your awesome, supportive comments. (You guys are wonderful.) And maybe thinking up a good story. And sharing my unsolicited opinions. But probably not remarking on the presidential election (unless something interesting happens while I'm waiting in line to vote, which isn't unlikely, because random things seem to happen to me a lot. One time, for example, I was Christmas shopping, and I was hit on by a star from a popular 1970's television sitcom. No joke. So, if I run into any famous people in the voting line, I'll be sure to tell you all.)

12 comments:

Dr Zibbs said...

Why don't you ease yourself back into the blog world by reading and commenting on my blog first. Also, who was the 70's star? Was it Willis?

Dr Zibbs said...

And one more thing. Will you let me see the blog that you had shut down? I'm sure the answer is yes so thanks in advance.

Piece o' Coconut Cake said...

Glad to see you're feeling better. Don't forget to pick up your presents over at my blog!

pj said...

70s sitcoms must have been a brady or partridge.. Bet it was that angry red head dude...

Former Fat Chick said...

Um...hello, you can;t just drop that BOMB and not say who it WAS!!!!

Tova Darling said...

Haha, sorry all. It was the oldest Brady boy, aka Barry Williams.

LYDIA said...

If Zibbs gets to see the old blog, I want to too!

Fancy Schmancy said...

Glad you're back. How old were you when Greg Brady hit on you? And how OLDDD was he?

Laura said...

Feel better. Airborne has saved my life so many times. ohhhhh you can come and comment on my blog so I can tell you about my famous tea that cures all! Glad your back

Candy's daily Dandy said...

Glad to see you back and healthy. We missed u! Greg Brady huh? Could be a story for the grandkids. You must post about it.

Cora said...

Oh that Greg Brady! First he has a fling with Marcia. Then he has a fling with his tv Mom (or so I heard he said). Now THIS. He's old enough to be your Dad, right? Not cool. But it could be worse. It could've been Sam the Butcher.

Just out of curiosity - what did you say to him?! You should ABSOLUTELY do a blog post about THAT! Details, Tova, I need details!!!!

Glad you're back! :-)

Piece o' Coconut Cake said...

Ewwww, Greg Brady? Aren't you a little YOUNG for him?! PERV!!! Send me an email and I'll tell you how to add your gifts. Too long to do it here! :-) My email's on my blog.

In my opinion, we don't devote nearly enough scientific research to finding a cure for jerks. ~ Calvin & Hobbes