Monday, December 22, 2008

I wanna grow old with you

Blame it on the fact that I'm listening to love songs, blame it on the fact that I'm sitting at my desk where I have two framed pictures of Mr. Darling in all of his darling-ness, but I'm in the mood to compile a list of reasons that I love Mr. Darling. Here goes:
  1. He makes me laugh. Loudly. Uncontrollably. (And occasionally at inappropriate times.) He once made me laugh so hard that I fell off the couch. He's really good at doing impressions of various cartoon characters, and he will do them every time I ask, even if I ask 20 times in a row.
  2. When we buy Sourpatch Kids, Mr. Darling eats all of the orange ones. It sounds insignificant, but it's not. I hate anything that is orange flavored, so Mr. Darling picks them out, one by one, and then leaves all of the delicious flavors for me.
  3. He massages my feet. Even though I ask him to do it all the time. 95% of the times I ask, he massages them. (Once, when he said no, I managed to sneak my foot into his hand when he wasn't paying attention. He was so amazed by how slick I was that he massaged my foot after all.)
  4. He doesn't take me too seriously. Sometimes I can get a bit... moody. Not to blame it entirely on hormones, but... ok, it's always the fault of hormones. When I get moody and whiny, he makes me laugh, or he'll say "is my baby cranky today?" and then he'll give me a huge hug. That makes it hard to stay cranky.
  5. He's a freakin' genius. 'Nuff said.
  6. He's unbelievably motivated. I can't even begin to list all of the things Mr. Darling has done/is doing/plans to do, because if I did, if anyone who knows either of us read this, they would immediately know who we are. Seriously. Let me just say that being a med student is just the tip of the iceberg for Mr. D.
  7. He's easy to get along with and a genuinely good guy. Even if I wasn't madly in love with Mr. Darling (I am, obviously, but if I weren't...), I would still want to be his best friend. I love him a ton, but I also genuinely like and admire him.
  8. He has no idea how amazing he is. Nothing is worse than someone who is stuck on themselves (ok, some things are worse... leprosy, for example). Mr. Darling is attractive, he's intelligent, he's funny, he's accomplished, he's friendly, he's likable... and he can't quite understand why people are so impressed by him. One of my best friends has nicknamed Mr. Darling "Superman," and Mr. D really doesn't understand why. When I explained to him that he's spectacularly amazing, he said, "Oh. I guess I just don't really see myself that way." Of course you don't, Mr. D, and that just adds to your charm.

There are more reasons, of course, but I hear some of you gagging, so I'll wrap this up. I hope everyone's Christmas shopping is going well!

20 comments:

ninirific said...

This was totally sweet and awesome and I hope I'm lucky enough to grab a dude like that. =) hehe

P.S. Your title reminded me of The Wedding Singer and Adam Sandler...that is one of my fave songs!

Jenners said...

Oh that was so great! It is really all the little things (like eating the orange Sour Patch Kids) that make a husband great! Sounds like you really lucked out ... and so did he (I did read the pole dancing post).

I also saw your profile and OH MY GOD ... how awful your mother-in-law used it to monitor you and against you. Here's hoping she never finds this one!

That damn expat said...

No gagging here. It's the holiday season, love is all around and all that.
You are one lucky girl, Tova!

Sassy Britches said...

Sometimes you just want to shout it from the rooftops and to heck with the gaggers!

You've nabbed yourself a good one, and a humble one at that. Enjoy!

Moi said...

that is really sweet!

Cora said...

Once again I need to ask you, does he have a twin brother?

Laura said...

You are both so lucky. Maybe Mr. Darling can write a guest post about all the things he loves about you? Happy Holidays Tova to you and to your family!

Your Ill-fitting Overcoat said...

Oh, this made me smile for miles!

littlesack said...

how sweet. I just read your "about me" part about your crazier than life mother in law. W.O.W. That is nutty and out of control. Glad you found an anonymous way to share your world

Dingo said...

I love this list. Now I think I'm in love with Mr. Darling, too!

Dingo said...

I love this list. Now I think I'm in love with Mr. Darling, too!

Pacing the Panic Room said...

I think you need to get this post made into a T-shirt and wear it out when you go out together.

Love reading about the little things. People that are capable of appreciating and noticing and the little things will stay in love forever.

pj said...

Mr D. Sure sounds wonderful. I like to read stuff like this, I read a lot of male bashing on some blogs. This is good stuff!

MuseSwings said...

Such a wonderful post! A Christmas present to Mr. Darling, who by the way, sounds very darling!

Pretty Me!! said...

how sweet and how lucky !!! God bless your pair :)

Meg said...

nice and sweet!^_^

Cindy said...

Aaaawwww awesome! :)))))

heatheraj said...

you two sound like me and my boyfriend. he does all of those things too... maybe there is hope for us to be happily married someday too. that would be really nice... its true though there aren't enough good guys in the world... i think you and I are lucky that we found some of them! =D

LV Books =) said...

That really made me smile ! I hope that I can one day find someone who has me blogging about the many reasons I love them...
LV Books =)

The Girl in the Orange Background said...

I can't believe you have a mother in law who doesn't appreciate you. It's more than obvious that you adore your husband and that yes you are right for him. I wish she could see how lovely you write :)

In my opinion, we don't devote nearly enough scientific research to finding a cure for jerks. ~ Calvin & Hobbes