Monday, December 29, 2008

Why is Tova ticked off today?

That's a good question, thanks for asking. I'm ticked off because I just learned the following tidbit of information from one of my coworkers:

There's this company that every Christmas sends boxes of chocolates to our office. One or two for general consumption, and then some boxes specifically for individual members of the staff with whom they've dealt directly. At a conference this year, I met one of their senior staff members (let's be honest - he hit on me and bought me a drink), and since then I hear from him maybe once a month or so (don't worry, he knows I'm married and that I intend to stay that way.) So, apparently, when Christmas rolled around, the boxes of chocolate showed up... a few for the office to share, one each for some of our senior staff members, and one for little old me. But did I get that box of chocolates? No. No I did not. Why? Because the head honcho decided that it wasn't fair that I got one when most of the other "little people" did not. So he took my name off of it and left it in the break room for everyone. Um, hello??? Since when does "fairness" mean that you can steal somebody's Christmas gift?? I totally would've shared it anyway (Mr. Darling and I already have chocolate out the wazoo at home), but it's the principle of the thing. It had MY name on it! I got it because I engaged in interesting conversation with a company employee when I would've preferred to sleep because I'd only had 4 hours of sleep the night before! And it was stolen!!! Argh!! I get paid crap here anyway, at the very least, my employers could refrain from stealing my Christmas presents.

Thank you for tuning in for today's episode of "Why is Tova ticked off today?" Please be sure to join us again next time.

16 comments:

Not The Rockefellers said...

I, for one, don't know why you are not up in a bell tower somewhere!!

It's bad that your boss did that but, even worse that he did that with chocolate.

I'm fuming for ya, Tova!

Peace - Rene

Pacing the Panic Room said...

you should secretly send yourself chocolates to work all year long just to see what happens. Just keep sending them like once a month to your bosses to give to you, with your name big and bold labeled right across the package.

Sassy Britches said...

Yes, for Pacing the Panic Room! That's the best! Yeah, COMPLETE bad form for you boss to do that. You got those chocolates for a good reason, and to heck with the coworkers who dind't put forth the extra effort.

Former Fat Chick said...

I would casuly ask the Boss, Mr X from ABC Co, asked if I got my gift, WOULD YOU KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT THAT?????

.::~P~::. said...

WTF is wrong with your boss? That's not acceptable. I would be just as pissed. It's not even about the chocolates it's just lack of fucking respect at this point.

Who decided who was worthy of the gift anyways...if he wanted the rest of the staff to feel better about themselves HE should've put the money towards buying THEM chocolates instead of stealing yours.

And I totally agree with Pacing the Panic Room. You SHOULD. And brag about it to him.

Deutlich said...

That definitely isn't cool - it DID have your name on it.

Morgan the (Almost) Muse said...

Wow, that is unjust! What if it was a coffee mug, would he have let you have it? Or would he have put it next to the coffee machine for anyone to drink out of? It is just not fair!

Julia said...

What a rude ASS!! Does he monitor everyone's gifts?

Megan said...

Grrr!! Doesn't he know he should never steal a womans chocolate?!?

Your Ill-fitting Overcoat said...

My jaw literally dropped. I call bullshit!

MuseSwings said...

What a skuzzy boss you have! He probably ate the only maple pecan draped lovingly in semi-swwt chocolate while he was at it. No wonder people go postal. Go postal.

Autumn Joy said...

"Posted by Tova Darling at 9:58 AM"

....

:p Hey there are some perks you do get :)

Love ya Tova

Braja said...

That's not very Christmassy, is it??

pj said...

That's pretty weak on the bosses end. My totally awkward Tues will be up tomorrow!!

Errant said...

understandable, in your place, i'd be soooo pissed off !!

Cora said...

THERE IS NO EXCUSE FOR STEALING A GIRL'S CHOCOLATES. NO EXCUSE. TOTAL LOW BLOW. OMG!

In my opinion, we don't devote nearly enough scientific research to finding a cure for jerks. ~ Calvin & Hobbes