Monday, January 26, 2009

New banner!

Ok, if you're sick of reading about/seeing/being forced to comment on my blog changes, skip this post. I promise, I'm almost done subjecting you all to this, but...

Check out my new banner! I am extraordinarily proud of it, so even if you hate it, just lie and say you don't! (Or, you know, say nothing. Either way.) And yes, that is a real picture of me, by me! I am my own blog model AND blog photographer! Oo la la!

Also, giving credit where credit is due... I learned how to make three columns in my blog and how to put boxes around the side columns from this fabulous website. Seriously, great instructions there; check it out if you're looking to make some changes on your blog. And the poll is still open as to whether or not you like the three-column look on my blog, so vote if you're bored. And my background, as always, is from The Cutest Blog on the Block. Their backgrounds are free, and that's pretty darn exciting!

Don't forget that tomorrow is Totally Awkward Tuesday, so get your story ready! I'll be using Mr. Linky again because it makes my life a whole lot easier.

16 comments:

giraffegirl524 said...

much better! when it was the other way, i had to scroll over to see i all, and i actually wondered if that was you or not.

VERY NICE!! i'm going to check out that website ! thank you, you're awesome!

Tranquility said...

Yeah, ok. I like the three columns even better now that the sidebars are boxed in.
A great header too!

Laura said...

Thanks for sharing. I hope you don't mind me copying the 3 columns - my sidebar is getting ridiculous! Love the banner by the way!

Piece o' Coconut Cake said...

I like it but I have to admit, I miss the bald head...

Island Girl said...

I love the header!! Blog looks great!

Dr Zibbs said...

That's you? I knew you were a beauty. Nice lips.

Megan said...

Ohhh, very nice!!

Looks like you've got Angelina lips. Is that weird that I'm commenting on your lips? lol

I like the boxes around the side columns. "Cleans" it up a bit. =)

Cathy said...

I like the three columns - that's how mine is set up too. And I LOVE your new header! Very cute, and it's a great picture of you.

Tova Darling said...

giraffegirl - Thanks! And yes, it's a fantastic website. Check it out!

Tranquility - Thank you! Yeah, I think I'm liking the boxes. It makes it look a bit less jumbled.

Laura - Copy away! It wasn't my idea first, anyway! I hope it works for you!

Piece o' Coconut Cake - Haha! Well, I was going to change the profile picture, but I'll keep it as the bald head, just for you. :)

Island Girl - Thank you!!

Dr Zibbs - Aww, thanks! Yep, that's me. The picture had to get Mr. D's approval before I posted it, but he thinks it's safe that no one will recognize me. :)

B.E. Earl said...

Angelina Jolie ain't got nuthin' on you with those lips. Rowr!

I dig the changes so far.

Cheryl said...

I'm loooovin it.

Cora said...

Tova, that is absolutely sexy. I thought that was Angelina Jolie!

Sassy Britches said...

I'm with everyone else; are you sure Tova isn't Angelina's ghost-writer name?

I like it tons better with the lines/boxes around the sidebars. Well done!

Fancy Schmancy said...

Love the new look!

kim said...

Looks great! I just might have to copy that 3 column look!

ninirific said...

LOVE. IT!!!!

In my opinion, we don't devote nearly enough scientific research to finding a cure for jerks. ~ Calvin & Hobbes