Thursday, January 29, 2009

The one in which Tova listens to good advice

I ignored the friend request. As some of you pointed out, I thought that it might be funny/interesting/good blog material to at least ask the guy how I knew him and see what his response was, but as others of you pointed out... it might not be a good idea to invite drama or a potential stalker into my life. Who's proud of me and my excellent decision-making? As always, you guys are geniuses. Have you all considered getting together to start one gigantic advice column? Your first headline could be "Don't be friends with people who might want to stalk you."

Also, some of you sexy people have given me awards, and I am totally posting them soon. In the meantime, thanks so much!

Oh, and last night, I suddenly remembered two extremely awkward moments for future Totally Awkward Tuesdays, and I blushed for like ten minutes. I think Totally Awkward Tuesdays has become a weird kind of therapy in which I'm forcing myself to be humiliated all over again. Maybe not such a bright idea after all. In a way, though, it's good that I remembered the new moments, because I was starting to think I was running out of Totally Awkward Tuesday posts. I mean, realistically, how many times can one person be ridiculously awkward? At least two more, apparently.

15 comments:

ninirific said...

Me! Me! I'm proud of you! LOL Seriously, really good choice.

Looking forward to at least the next two awkward tuesdays. =)

Sassy Britches said...

Good call. Am proud of your restraint!

I thought of one yesterday too! I was getting bummed because I couldn't participate much (working from home in a semi-reclusive manner doesn't allow for many present-day awkward moments since I never see anyone!). So, I have been pulling out things from the past. But, I'll keep plugging along if you will! :)

Jossie Posie said...

I'm very proud of you and God knows I should listen to that advice myself...I tend to always accept FR from ex's or guys who end up semi stalking me :-(

I never learn.

Son of a Thomas said...

Good call. It's easy enough to find new crazy people. No need to rehash the old crazies.

Former Fat Chick said...

Speaking of stalkers....you left me like 5 comments on one post last night! hahaha, if I did'nt know you to be a married sunday school teacher, I'd think you might be slightly obsessed with me...hahahahaaaa, but you do have that stripper pole...

Ryan Ashley Scott@Optimistic Cynicism said...

Way to go, Tova Darling. I would be hiding in my close a year from now wishing I had the sense to carry a cel phone in my pocket so I could call the police about the facebook stalker lurking in my kitchen!

Looking forward to Tuesday even more now! Thanks for the teaser.

Dr Zibbs said...

I've gotten a few friend request from people I don't know. Unless if it's from a dude, I ignore it.

Cathy said...

I didn't get a chance to comment yesterday, but ignoring the friend request would've been my vote too.

The last two Monday nights, I've tried to come up with a totally awkward moment and I can't think of any! Since I'm clumsy *and* put my foot in my mouth constantly, this is impossible... so I must be blocking them all out.

giraffegirl524 said...

yay for you! good job not adding him

Cora said...

Absolutely a good call!

And, yes, Totally Awkward Tuesday has become a sort of therapy for me as well. :-)

Janet said...

Avoiding stalkers is the only way to go. Although, I must admit, the blog material would have been AWESOME. Sigh.

;)~

Piece o' Coconut Cake said...

Good girl! :-)

Aly @ Lip Zip said...

Good for you! Stalkers just aren't as exciting as they sound.

So Not Mom-a-licious said...

Ugh! *sigh* I always pick the wrong answer! Well hey, I have never claimed to be a genius. Okay, maybe like one time, I really did think of something genious. Anyway, I have claimed to be nosey and snoopy and things of the such. But as you pointed out, some things are better left alone! And he is probably one of them!

Fancy Schmancy said...

Good choice! Who needs extra drama?

On the totally awkward Tuesday thing, as I'm remembering my own awkward moments, I'm starting to write them in advance. Are they all supposed to be funny?

In my opinion, we don't devote nearly enough scientific research to finding a cure for jerks. ~ Calvin & Hobbes