Monday, January 26, 2009

Three columns!

I was super proud of myself because I was able to put three columns on my blog by following the instructions here. (Translation? It turns out that I am able to read, follow directions, and cut and paste. Who knew?)

So, I was feeling all excited, but then when I actually looked at it, it looked really... busy. Like, there's too much going on, and my actual posts get lost in the shuffle. What do you think? Vote now in the poll to your right! (Also, the option to choose "other" as an answer is available, so if you have a different answer, leave it as a comment, like "It's ok, but you need a new background," or "What the heck is up with those weird button pendants?")

10 comments:

Moi said...

I just switched back to two columns b/c i thought it looked busy and wanted my text to be the main focus. i like the 3 column look though - I say try it out for a bit! you can always change your mind!

Tranquility said...

I tried the three, but also felt it was too busy for my blog, so I went back to two. I like it on other blogs though and you got the spacing perfect - it looks wonderful. Great job!

Sassy Britches said...

I have ALWAYS wanted three columns because I think having all my crap on one side is no fun, and you can "categorize" more. But, I voted "Other" because you're right, it could tend to look busy. Maybe there is a way to have solid lines separating the three columns so they don't look like they're busy...not that I knwo ANYTHING about it! Keep it for awhile and see how you feel.

Gwen said...

Looks like mine!!! Background and all. I like to have everything super organized so I like the 3 column. You can always find a way to do your posts on the left side and have 2 columns on the right.

B.E. Earl said...

If you like it then I like it.

I generally think that simpler is better. That's what I tried to do with my last renovation. But it basically comes down to whether you like it or not. Because you are going to spend more time here than anyone.

Megan said...

I think it's fantabulous! I think if you organize things a little differently it may not look so busy. =) Yay for being able to follow directions! Feels great, huh? LOL

Shana said...

I dont think it looks busy at all.

giraffegirl524 said...

i like the new layout.. and the columns don't look bad! =]

The Mom said...

I love it, looks great!

Bella@That damn expat said...

I did the 3 column thing awhile ago so obviously, I like it.

And the header too!

In my opinion, we don't devote nearly enough scientific research to finding a cure for jerks. ~ Calvin & Hobbes