Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Tova's Totally Awkward Tuesdays

Last week, we had 11 Totally Awkward Bloggers! (Well, 12, counting me.) Now it's your turn to join in on the blogging sensation that's sweeping the nation... and by nation, I mean 11 awesome blogs.

My story this week was actually probably more awkward for the other person involved than it was for me, but that still counts...

A few years ago, I was out to dinner with some friends (two guys and another girl) when I ran into a girl I'd known in high school who was on a double date. We exchanged the typical "It's so good to see you! How have you been?" pleasantries, and then did the whole "We need to get together sometime!" thing that girls always do when they see each other accidentally and have no intention of doing it again on purpose. I wrote down my phone number, handed it to her, and then walked away knowing that I'd probably never hear from her again.

The next night, I was on my home phone with Mr. Darling (whom I was dating at the time), and my cell phone rang. For some odd reason, I answered the phone, even though I didn't recognize the number AND I was already on the other phone with Mr. D (which meant that Mr. D could clearly hear my half of the following conversation):

Me: Hello?
Guy's voice: Hi, is this Tova?
Me: Yes it is. Who's this?
Guy's voice: This is (guy's name). You gave me your phone number last night.
Me: Um... no I didn't.
Guy: Yes you did! Weren't you at (name of restaurant) last night?
Me: Yes...
Guy: You were there with two guys and another girl, right?
Me: Yeah... but I didn't give you my phone number.
Guy: Yes you did!
Me: I'm pretty sure I would've remembered that...
Guy: I was your waiter, and you left your phone number on the table when you left.
Me: No, I didn't! We were waited on by a woman, and.... oh.

As you may have already figured out, what happened was that the girl I knew from high school had obviously just left my phone number (that I'd helpfully written my name beside) laying on the table when she left. And the waiter apparently assumed that she was leaving her number for him. So I had to explain that, all the while feeling very bad for him because he seemed quite embarrassed. Then I got to explain to Mr. Darling why a strange guy had my phone number.

Now it's your turn! Post a true Totally Awkward story on your blog, link back to me, then comment to let me know you participated.

Then, check out these amazing Totally Awkward Bloggers:
Morgan the Muse at Insert Clever Name Here
Sassy Britches at Well okay, Sassy Britches!
Moi at Going Overboard
Adriana at From KS to PA
Julie at Weekly Jules
Cora at Love Letters by Cora
A. at Snarky Much?
Cassie at Cardigans Cover Crazy
Smalls at Anxiety's Axioms
Kim at The Antisdel Abstract

25 comments:

Piece o' Coconut Cake said...

Poor thing! he must have wanted to DIE! I know because I want to die right now for him...

Adriana said...

Sorry I missed last week but I made up for it this week!

Sassy Britches said...

Oh, my goodness! That poor guy! But, hey, at least he was courageous enough to make the call! Now, however, his hopes are dashed, and he'll become an introvert. :)

P.S. You've seen that I posted too (did it by auto-post so your newest installment wasn't up yet to link to), but I wanted to keep following the rules and let you know, "I posted!"

Julie said...

Poor guy... did you offer to get his number and give it to the friend you would never see again??

Here is a link to my TAT, although I will add that the only awkward part of this story is that I never caught his real name, which is why I just call him Tom Cruise...

http://weeklyjules.blogspot.com/
search/label/Tom%20Cruise

Cheryl said...

Ah, this is why I type my number into their cellphone haha

Emma said...

Lol, I love this story!

Former Fat Chick said...

my hubby would have been like YEAH RIGHT! You gave the waiter your number! hahahaa, just kidding...maybe the waiter was totally hot, you should have had him pic text you, then decide! hahaha

Callista said...

Wow

Aly @ Lip Zip said...

That is too funny. I needed that laugh today!

Moi said...

cute post Tova!

Mary Anna said...

How funny is that!

I don't really have too many awkward stories to pull from for a complete post, so I'll just leave you a long comment.

I throw up a lot. It's better than it used to be. So, I've thrown up in front of just about everyone I know at least once.

I used to work with this lady who didn't like if anyone touched her. We were walking down the hall one day and I stopped short with her and barfed. After I finished, I turned to her and apologized for touching her.

Cora said...

Oh no, that poor guy!!!! How mortifying! Ack!

I participated too. Enjoy! :-)

Candy's daily Dandy said...

Hey Tova! Great story! I just wanted to thank you-finally-for the beautiful x-mas ornament for my tree. I recieved it a few weeks ago and (shame on me) I only now have gotten around to thanking you.
thanks again!

Ann's Rants said...

This is a great idea and I will happily participate in the near future! Thanks so much for the nice words on my blog. Count me as a follower!

Morgan the Muse said...

Ouch. Well.. at least, you do not have to worry about the girl from High School, then?

A. said...

I'm totally in for another awesome Awkward Tuesday! This event is so hilarious.

I love your story! That guy must have been mortified!

AngieS said...

I can't think of a totally awkward post today! :( I'm telling you, I've blocked them from my memory. I know I have more. I remember cringing and wanting to die many times, not just twice!!! Yours WAS awkward, though. I'm going to keep racking my brain, and hopefully I'll be back next week.

Cassie said...

oooh I did it this time.

Fabulously Broke said...

The poor guy... omg...

Thanks for favouriting me. Adding you to my reader.

alissa said...

haha thats hilarious!
so i found your blog because im in love with your little photo. I've always wanted one of those heads to just have around my house. to put hats on or whatever. id probably name it and itd be like having a new roommate.
now you think im a psycho - but i just thought you should know:)

Smalls said...

I'm a bit late in posting my total awkward tuesday story - but it's a long post with 3 mini stories in it, so I think it's worth the wait!

Braja said...

Uh oh... :)

I was in Calcutta. I have a good note :)

Abbie said...

What a riot! I feel bad for the guy!

Emma said...

haha thats soo funny!

J&D said...

 

視訊 影音視訊聊天室 視訊聊天室 視訊交友 視訊聊天 視訊美女 視訊辣妹 免費視訊聊天室

色情遊戲 寄情築園小遊戲 情色文學 一葉情貼圖片區 情人視訊網 辣妹視訊 情色交友 成人論壇 情色論壇 愛情公寓 情色 舊情人 情色貼圖 色情聊天室 色情小說 做愛 做愛影片 性愛


免費視訊聊天室 aio交友愛情館 愛情公寓 一葉情貼圖片區 情色貼圖 情色文學 色情聊天室 情色小說 情色電影 情色論壇 成人論壇 辣妹視訊 視訊聊天室 情色視訊 免費視訊 免費視訊聊天 視訊交友網 視訊聊天室 視訊美女 視訊交友 視訊交友90739 UT聊天室 聊天室 豆豆聊天室 尋夢園聊天室 聊天室尋夢園 080聊天室 080苗栗人聊天室 女同志聊天室 上班族聊天室 小高聊天室


AV AV女優 自慰器 自慰器

視訊 影音視訊聊天室 視訊交友


網頁設計 網頁設計公司 最新消息 訪客留言 網站導覽

 

In my opinion, we don't devote nearly enough scientific research to finding a cure for jerks. ~ Calvin & Hobbes