Thursday, February 12, 2009

25 Random Things... Minus 9

    I've gotten tagged a few times for that "25 Random Things about Me" thingy that everybody's doing on Facebook, so I figured I'd answer it on here. I ran out of things to say after number 16, so I just stopped. Enjoy!

    1. I am allergic to chapstick.

    2. I love the Game Show Network. I want to be on all of the game shows, because I rock at all of them.

    3. I talk to my television all the time. Anytime someone asks a question on TV, I answer it. This may or may not be a new and exciting personality disorder.

    4. I love country music. I hated it until I was in high school, and then my friend played The Grundy County Auction Incident and I'll Think of a Reason Later for me, and I fell in love with them. Don't judge.

    5. My bellybutton is pierced.

    6. I've never smoked a cigarette, never used an illegal drug, and never used a legal drug illegally. I'm very proud of that. Some people might think that this means I'm naive; I think it's a sign that I'm smart.

    7. I once babysat my boss' dog for four days, and it stuck its tongue in my mouth. Twice. Because of that, I am adamant that I will never own a dog. (Just so we're clear - I gargled with mouthwash for at least 5 minutes each time. Gross!)

    8. I refuse to buy anything I see in an infomercial or that is only available through a "special TV offer." Refuse. I once saw an expose about infomercials, and now it's personal policy never to buy anything that can't be bought in a store. That's too bad, too, because I want an Aqua Globe and a ShamWow. But I'm too skeptical to believe in the value of a product that I'm not allowed to see and touch before I buy it.

    9. I'm pretty sure that I don't believe in ghosts, but on the off-chance that I'm a ghost for a little while after I die, I've already picked out the person I'm going to haunt.

    10. I think that my husband is the funniest, sexiest, most intelligent, wittiest, most fun, best man in the world, and nothing anyone can say could change my mind about that. If I couldn't be his wife, I'd want my "consolation prize" to be that I got to be his best friend. Lucky for me, I get to be his wife AND his best friend.

    11. Speaking of my abnormally amazing husband... Before we had even started dating (when we were still in the flirting stage), I was talking to one of my friends about him, and I said, "I am going to marry that man. I guarantee it." She said, "No you're not!" and I told her that she was invited to sit in the front row at our wedding so she could see that I was right. Three years later, I married him. True story. (But my friend got the flu right before my wedding and couldn't come to witness the fulfillment of my one psychic prediction.)

    12. When I am driving, I go crazy singing along to my radio or a CD. I sometimes use random objects as microphones, I dance in my seat, and I do hand motions. I'm sure that every other driver who sees me thinks I'm a moron, but I have fun.

    13. I once dated a graffiti artist. (Mr. Darling laughs when I say this and corrects me by saying, "Tova, you dated a vandal." To-may-to, to-mah-to.) Anyway, however you look at it, he was a talented artist who made the unfortunate decision to paint in illegal places. Somewhere (unless I threw them away, which actually, I think I might've...) I have/had pictures of my first name, in four-foot-high letters, spray painted on the side of a train.

    14. I've never gotten a speeding ticket. I've only ever been pulled over while driving once, and before I could even find my vehicle registration and proof of insurance, the cop laughed and told me to "get out of here." (While I'm tempted to just end the story there and let you all think I used my wit and charm to avoid a fine, the truth is that one of my family members is a cop, and the cop who pulled me over knew him, so he just let me go.)

    15. I have extremely realistic, vivid dreams almost every night. More than once, I've thought that my dreams were actually things that happened while I was awake, and I'll ask people questions about them, only to be looked at like I'm crazy. Good times.

    16. I am also fully capable of carrying on coherent conversations while sleeping.

    If any of you haven't done this yet on Facebook, do it now! Bonus points if you actually get to number 25.

    19 comments:

    Sassy Britches said...

    This is totally wild. I don't even know where to start commenting. So, I'll just start at the beginning and stop. Allergic to chapstick? Actual chapstick, or some ingredient in it? How odd!

    Tova Darling said...

    Sassy - Haha! I don't know what it is that I'm allergic to, but I get a rash. I've gotten the same rash from Lipsmackers in like 9th grade, and a few other brands, so I'm guessing it's a common ingredient.

    Anniebanannie said...

    I love reading these!

    #1-OMG...I can't live without! You poor thing!

    #6-TOTALLY SAME here. Never ever. Ever.

    #12-I love dance in my car and what's even worse is that I've got the typical mom Tahoe, complete with window shades and two carseats in the back...and there I am, breakin it down to some Beyonce. Nice.

    Impulsive Addict said...

    I'm a total sucker for number 8. I was cut off by hubby after I spent $400 on Tony Little's gazelle. It sucked azz and then I got my azz kicked for buying it. Oops!

    And I totally dance in my vehicle!!

    So Not Mom-a-licious said...

    Not doing any of the things mentioned in No. 6 does make you smart and not naive! Good for you. I would absolutley be proud of that fact also.
    I want you to know that Target sells the Shamwow. At least mine does. I almost bought it because I also refused to get it off of the TV, but a friend gave it a horrible review, so I saved the 20 bucks.
    Who would you haunt? (heehee, don't answer, I think I know.)
    And to finish, after 'dating' my husband for a month, I also knew I was going to marry him. And marriage had never crossed my mind while I dated anyone else. So it still happens!

    christine said...

    Great list... good for you for just quitting when you had enough. All these lists, we shouldn't have to put up with that bs.

    I don't have a car, so I sing as loud as I can while I'm waiting for the bus. Granted it's a deserted bus stop on the side of the mountain with nothing but vineyards and a horse to hear me. Still fun.

    ~*Miss A*~ said...

    I'm a little jealous that you can carry on a coherent convo while sleeping. Can you please tell me how I can accomplish this so I can sleep as I talk to my coworkers lol.

    Laura said...

    My husband also carries on conversations in his sleep with me. Sometimes he even has his eyes open...freaky!

    Moi said...

    Tova-This was so funny, I had to comment on all of them so bear with me as I write the longest comment ever.

    1. I pledge my absolute allegiance to chapstick and I cannot imagine how you survive life without it, you are my hero.

    3."This may or may not be a new and exciting personality disorder." I do the same thing so please send me your therapists number when you find a cure.

    4. I'll Think of a Reason Later got me through a very tough break up. Don't think I didnt "black out her tooth with a marker!"


    6. I've never done any drugs or cigarettes either and I think it is smart as well. I did smoke a cigar though once in a play.

    7. My dog did that to me yesterday and I gagged! Disgusting!

    8. I am glad to tell you that you can have your own ShamWow because they are now sold at Bed Bath and Beyond stores. As our Snuggies if you have seen that infomercial.

    9. I dont believe in ghost either...but now I too must pick someone too haunt - just in case!

    13. I have no idea why but I am kind of jealous that my name has not been graffitied on a train. Tova, why are you living our MY dreams!

    14.Speeding Ticket is my middle name (s)

    Oooooohhh yeah..and Christine
    I love that you sing at the bus stop. This is hilarious! We need more singing in public!

    great fun post!

    SkylersDad said...

    These were all great! I have done versions of this so many time I am sure that people are tired of hearing about my sad, boring life!

    Up Rooted said...

    That's too bad you can't use chapstick. I love Bert's Bees beeswax lip balm. It has peppermint in it and I like the refreshing smell.
    Shamwow has gotten some bad reviews. We have it in our Target and Kohls stores along with the aquaglobe.
    I only sing in the car if someone is with me so it looks like we're having a crazy conversation.
    Atleast you've been pulled over. I hate when people say they've never been pulled over. I got pulled over 5 times one summer. I had illegal window tint. Good info!

    Dr Zibbs said...

    You've got to smoke a joint at least once. Must do it.

    Former Fat Chick said...

    I agree with Dr. Zibbs, for shits & giggles...tee-hee, I posted my 25 on my blog too! http://foreverfatgirl.blogspot.com/

    There is a store called "AS SEEN ON TV" it's AWESOME, you can buy all that informorical crap- it's SHAMTASTIC!!!

    Dingo said...

    I had to look up ShamWow. Now I want one. The only thing I've ever purchased from television was some sort of broom thingy. It promised to get up pet hair. I love it!

    raf said...

    I arrive to 25!!!I got a bonus point!!!!
    I'm noy allergic to chapstick..but I hate this word!!!

    The New Black said...

    Game shows are the best!! I really like the trivia ones too...

    J&D said...

     

    視訊 影音視訊聊天室 視訊聊天室 視訊交友 視訊聊天 視訊美女 視訊辣妹 免費視訊聊天室

    色情遊戲 寄情築園小遊戲 情色文學 一葉情貼圖片區 情人視訊網 辣妹視訊 情色交友 成人論壇 情色論壇 愛情公寓 情色 舊情人 情色貼圖 色情聊天室 色情小說 做愛 做愛影片 性愛


    免費視訊聊天室 aio交友愛情館 愛情公寓 一葉情貼圖片區 情色貼圖 情色文學 色情聊天室 情色小說 情色電影 情色論壇 成人論壇 辣妹視訊 視訊聊天室 情色視訊 免費視訊 免費視訊聊天 視訊交友網 視訊聊天室 視訊美女 視訊交友 視訊交友90739 UT聊天室 聊天室 豆豆聊天室 尋夢園聊天室 聊天室尋夢園 080聊天室 080苗栗人聊天室 女同志聊天室 上班族聊天室 小高聊天室


    AV AV女優 自慰器 自慰器

    視訊 影音視訊聊天室 視訊交友


    網頁設計 網頁設計公司 最新消息 訪客留言 網站導覽

     

    sarah said...

    AquaGlobes can be bought at Wal-Mart. Just so you know ;)

    sarah said...

    and oh crap. (these totally need an "edit" feature)

    The Grundy County Auction was my absolute favourite FAVOURITE song EVER IN THE UNIVERSE for the longest time.

    It still ranks top five. It ROCKS. :)

    In my opinion, we don't devote nearly enough scientific research to finding a cure for jerks. ~ Calvin & Hobbes