I've gotten tagged a few times for that "25 Random Things about Me" thingy that everybody's doing on Facebook, so I figured I'd answer it on here. I ran out of things to say after number 16, so I just stopped. Enjoy!
- I am allergic to chapstick.
- I love the Game Show Network. I want to be on all of the game shows, because I rock at all of them.
- I talk to my television all the time. Anytime someone asks a question on TV, I answer it. This may or may not be a new and exciting personality disorder.
- I love country music. I hated it until I was in high school, and then my friend played The Grundy County Auction Incident and I'll Think of a Reason Later for me, and I fell in love with them. Don't judge.
- My bellybutton is pierced.
- I've never smoked a cigarette, never used an illegal drug, and never used a legal drug illegally. I'm very proud of that. Some people might think that this means I'm naive; I think it's a sign that I'm smart.
- I once babysat my boss' dog for four days, and it stuck its tongue in my mouth. Twice. Because of that, I am adamant that I will never own a dog. (Just so we're clear - I gargled with mouthwash for at least 5 minutes each time. Gross!)
- I refuse to buy anything I see in an infomercial or that is only available through a "special TV offer." Refuse. I once saw an expose about infomercials, and now it's personal policy never to buy anything that can't be bought in a store. That's too bad, too, because I want an Aqua Globe and a ShamWow. But I'm too skeptical to believe in the value of a product that I'm not allowed to see and touch before I buy it.
- I'm pretty sure that I don't believe in ghosts, but on the off-chance that I'm a ghost for a little while after I die, I've already picked out the person I'm going to haunt.
- I think that my husband is the funniest, sexiest, most intelligent, wittiest, most fun, best man in the world, and nothing anyone can say could change my mind about that. If I couldn't be his wife, I'd want my "consolation prize" to be that I got to be his best friend. Lucky for me, I get to be his wife AND his best friend.
- Speaking of my abnormally amazing husband... Before we had even started dating (when we were still in the flirting stage), I was talking to one of my friends about him, and I said, "I am going to marry that man. I guarantee it." She said, "No you're not!" and I told her that she was invited to sit in the front row at our wedding so she could see that I was right. Three years later, I married him. True story. (But my friend got the flu right before my wedding and couldn't come to witness the fulfillment of my one psychic prediction.)
- When I am driving, I go crazy singing along to my radio or a CD. I sometimes use random objects as microphones, I dance in my seat, and I do hand motions. I'm sure that every other driver who sees me thinks I'm a moron, but I have fun.
- I once dated a graffiti artist. (Mr. Darling laughs when I say this and corrects me by saying, "Tova, you dated a vandal." To-may-to, to-mah-to.) Anyway, however you look at it, he was a talented artist who made the unfortunate decision to paint in illegal places. Somewhere (unless I threw them away, which actually, I think I might've...) I have/had pictures of my first name, in four-foot-high letters, spray painted on the side of a train.
- I've never gotten a speeding ticket. I've only ever been pulled over while driving once, and before I could even find my vehicle registration and proof of insurance, the cop laughed and told me to "get out of here." (While I'm tempted to just end the story there and let you all think I used my wit and charm to avoid a fine, the truth is that one of my family members is a cop, and the cop who pulled me over knew him, so he just let me go.)
- I have extremely realistic, vivid dreams almost every night. More than once, I've thought that my dreams were actually things that happened while I was awake, and I'll ask people questions about them, only to be looked at like I'm crazy. Good times.
- I am also fully capable of carrying on coherent conversations while sleeping.
If any of you haven't done this yet on Facebook, do it now! Bonus points if you actually get to number 25.