Monday, February 2, 2009

And then some people gave me awards...

... and there was great joy in all the land!

Hurrah! The following fantastic people have bestowed great honors upon me:

The incomparable Cora over at Love Letters By Cora and the fantastic Eve at Tranquility and Turmoil gave me this award:
"The Lemonade Award is for blogs which show great attitude and gratitude."

The brilliant and accomplished author of Legal Mist gave me this award:

The award is called the "Premio Dardos," which is Italian for "Darts Award" or "Darts Prize," and I am supposed to pass it on to 15 people.

"This award acknowledges the values that every Blogger displays in their effort to transmit cultural, ethical, literary, and personal values with each message they write. Awards like this have been created with the intention of promoting community among Bloggers. It's a way to show appreciation and gratitude for work that adds value to the Web."

Sexy newlywed Bella at That Damn Expat gave me this beautiful award:



It comes with this snazzy description: "These blogs are exceedingly charming. These kind of bloggers aim to find and be friends. They are not interested in self-aggrandizement. Our hope is that when the ribbons of these prizes are cut, even more friendships are propagated. Please give more attention to these writers. Deliver this award to three bloggers who must choose three more and include this cleverly-written text into the body of their award."

I'm supposed to pass these on to some people, but it's a very large number of people, and I lost count, so I'm just choosing a random number of people to give it to. For award number one, I choose... Randy and Angie at PsychoHairapy, Up Rooted, Comedy Goddess and Newsy Nibby.

For award number two, I pick Ask Alice (even though she terrified me by letting me know that my worst fear - getting stuck in a revolving door - actually happened to her cousin once. I've never heard of that actually happening to anyone until now - before it was an irrational fear, but now it feels totally rational, and thus more terrifying!), Fabulously Broke in the City, So Not Mom-a-licious, Patsy at Life as a Loaded Gun, and Always a Bridesmaid at 27 Dresses in Cleveland.

And award number three goes to any reader who knew what self-aggrandizement meant without having to look it up. (I didn't, so I need to find out if I'm just dumb.)

Also, can I just say... I love, love, love everyone who reads this blog. Your comments are fantastic and hilarious, and they sometimes get me into trouble because I start laughing out loud at my computer at work! So, thank you all! You're spectacular!

Tomorrow is Totally Awkward Tuesday, so if you don't already have a story ready, go make a fool of yourself in public RIGHT NOW! Also, to answer a question asked by Fancy Schmancy, your Totally Awkward story doesn't necessarily have to be funny... but that's no guarantee that we won't laugh at you anyway.

12 comments:

Comedy Goddess said...

Thanks Tova Darling! PS I love your brownie recipe. You must have been a Girl Scout. Smartypants!

littlesack said...

damn girl, look at you! Congrats on all those. Can't wait for awkward tuesday

Ann's Rants said...

You know I love the way you begin many of your post "The one in which, or the one when, or the one where..." It sticks in my head and I like it.

A. said...

Congrats Tova Darling! Seems they all got it right - your blog is fabulous!
I'm totally looking forward to Tuesday!

HairDizzer said...

Hi Tova! I haven't been commenting as much as I'd like to, but I'm going to go ahead and accept your third award. I didn't have to look it up hehe. I've not actually heard that term before, but I like it and I'm going to use it. I'll also be passing it on to my friend Adam, who has labeled his blog 'Self Attention Blogs' to be funny. Irony! But as always... I love your posts lately, and I'm excited about Totally Awkward Tuesdays. I have a short but sweet and awkward story for tomorrow. :-)

Morgan the Muse said...

i am trying to come up with my awkward moment. I started the post last week, but I am not sure if it is still there! This could be a problem. :S :D

Julia@SometimesLucid said...

Congratulations on ALL YOUR awards. You deserve it.

Fabulously Broke said...

Oh thank you!!! *hugs*

You're so sweet to do so.

Fabulously Broke in the City

"Just a girl trying to find a balance between being a Shopaholic and a Saver."

Kassandra said...

CONGRATS HUN!!!

Cora said...

well, congratulations, my dear! :-)

ÄsK AliCë said...

Thanks sweet pea! Sorry I haven't been around lately (lots of DRAMA in my life) Nice work on all the awards! I would assume that self-aggrandizement is trying to make yourself look better or seem better then other people...

PS - My cousin was really young at the time AND goofing around when she got her head caught. She's also managed to catch her head in the Bannister at her parents house so maybe it's really just her?!

So Not Mom-a-licious said...

Holy what the Awardness?! So yeah, I'm behind on my Reader. What can I say. But thank you very much for passing along this award to me. The second one, which is one I do not have in my collectibles! Thank you girl and you deserve all of these too!

In my opinion, we don't devote nearly enough scientific research to finding a cure for jerks. ~ Calvin & Hobbes