Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Post number 99

Ever since somewhere around blog post number 43 on Secret Life of Tova Darling, I've been trying to figure out what I was going to do for the all-important 100th post. Would I host a contest? Ask for 100 comments? Compose a list of 100 reasons I love to blog? Coerce you all into clicking on my AdSense ads 100 times? Demand that you all send me $100? Write a well-researched and thought-provoking essay on the impact of blogging in modern culture? (Ok, let's be honest, there's no chance I would've done that last one.) In true Tova fashion, I had failed to make up my mind until the beginning of this week. That's when I realized that my 100th post was going to fall during Match Week, and that it would likely occur on Match Day - the day that my amazing husband, Mr. Darling, will see how his four years of studying and hard work in medical school have paid off.

Tomorrow is Match Day, and Mr. Darling will find out where he will be doing his medical residency. This also means that we will find out where we'll be spending the next three to five years of our lives and that I will know where I'll be living when I write the majority of my next hundred posts (and the hundred after that, and the hundred after that...)

Because I'm anonymous (and because some of the cities on Mr. Darling's rank order list only have one major teaching hospital, which means you'd all know exactly where Mr. Darling worked, and my fans might storm the hospital begging Mr. Darling to get them my autograph), I won't be telling you where Mr. D matches, per se, but I will tell you which one of the programs on this list he matched to. I am hoping that he matched with his number one choice because, gosh darn it, he deserves it. (The decision is already final, but in case prayers work retroactively, say a few on his behalf if you don't mind!)

So tomorrow, for my one hundredth post as Tova Darling, I'm inviting you all to celebrate Match Day with me! Buy some champagne (mine's already chilling in the fridge) and join me in toasting the future Dr. Darling! Tomorrow, Mr. Darling will know whether or not he got his first choice of residencies; tomorrow, I'll know whether or not I'll be packing up and moving to a brand new place for the first time in over 20 years; tomorrow, I'll know where I'll live after I stop being the wife of a medical student and start being the wife of a doctor; and tomorrow, you'll know too.

Thanks for sharing in this adventure with me, friends, and thank you for reading my posts! I'll talk to you again (for the 100th time) tomorrow!

20 comments:

RecoveringActor said...

I'll be crossing my fingers for you and Mr. Darling that he gets matched at his #1!

Jen - The Secret Keeper said...

How exciting...and how exciting again (for the 100th post). I surely shall celebrate (any excuse!)! x

littlesack said...

WOW! Good LUCK~

.::~P~::. said...

OU LA LA - I flew through my 100th posts without even realizing it..lol

I'm really excited for Mr. D and the ever-so-awesome wife :P

Ou la la, a doctor's wife!!!

Call Me Cate said...

Fabulous that #100 will fall on Match Day! I hope to come back tomorrow and read he matched his #1!

Moi said...

fingers crossed and prayers going up! Wow- this is such an exciting time for you! I am in a similar position of probably relocating in the near future to somewhere new and exciting due to my hubbys job. We will have to go through relocation together! I have done it before and I am so happy to have a blog now to document it (it will be fun to read your next 100 posts in your new adventure!)

Sassy Britches said...

How cool is it that they're falling on the same day?! I'm venturing to guess Mr. Darling's Match Day is a teeeensy bit more important, but who I am? Can't wait!

SkylersDad said...

Sending out all my good vibes to you and the Mister for getting what you want!

B.E. Earl said...

I'll raise a glass of something or other in his name. Or pseudonym. Whatever.

Good luck!

Snarky A. said...

Good luck for tomorrow! I'm crossing my fingers for you two!

Cathy said...

I hope he gets his number one! I'll be looking forward to your post tomorrow :)

Cora said...

Ooooooh, good luck to you both!

My 100th post will be next week. I got talked into listing 100 facts about myself for it. Freaky!! I couldn't think of 100, so I asked readers to submit questions - you should see what they asked me!! Holy cow. It will NOT be a post to show the family, let's just say that.

wendy said...

This is pretty darned exciting!! I can't wait to find out. I'm hoping he got his #1.

Megan said...

Eek! Exciting! Retroactive prayers headed Mr. Darling's way. ;0)

Piece o' Coconut Cake said...

Oooooh, how exciting!!!!!

Gwen B. (aka skinny bitch) said...

yayay can't wait. How exciting!

Ryan Ashley Scott said...

I hope he gets his top pic! Congratulations on your upcoming event(s) and I'm looking forward to a nice champagn toast tomorrow to the two of you!

Girl On A Journey said...

Im sooooooo friggin excited I really hopes he gets his first choice

Elizabeth Cobb Durel said...

good luck!

Sass said...

Stopping by to say Hope it all goes as you'd like!

Fingers are crossed!!!

In my opinion, we don't devote nearly enough scientific research to finding a cure for jerks. ~ Calvin & Hobbes