Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Tova's Totally Awkward Tuesday

It's Totally Awkward Tuesday! I'll share my awkward story, you'll share yours, and then we'll all have a good laugh!

About two months before my wedding, I was shopping at Target when I walked past a guy who looked vaguely familiar. Apparently I was familiar to him, too, because he did a double-take and then stopped walking and gave me a strange look. I followed suit, and we stood there, each trying to figure out who the other was, until he finally said, "You look really familiar, do I know you?" I responded with, "I think so... I'm not sure from where, but you look familiar to me, too." He suggested a few places we might have met, none of which were familiar to me, so I offered the following suggestion: "I used to work at (name of grocery store)."

"Oh, yeah!" he said. "I gave you my phone number when you were working, and you never called me!"

...

Awkward!

My face turned bright red, I offered some sort of apology, he made uncomfortable conversation for a few minutes ("didn't you used to wear your hair differently?"), I held up my left hand to show that I was engaged, and then I rapidly exited Target.

And that, my friends, is why you shouldn't just arbitrarily hand out your phone number to a girl working at the grocery store and then leave before she has a chance to tell you that she's dating the man of her dreams.

Now it's your turn! Revel in your own awkwardness on your blog, then link below!
Tova's Totally Awkward Tuesdays Participants
1. Ryan Ashley Scott
2. Sassy Britches
3. The Gnu
4. INfertile Myrtle
5. Raf
6. Weekly Jules
7. Former Fat Chick- flasher
8. LegalMist
9. Jane Gaston
10. Curly Muse

Powered by... Mister Linky's Magical Widgets.

22 comments:

Morgan the Muse said...

Oh, ouch. Nice one.

It happens, though.

Ryan Ashley Scott said...

He was in bad form to bring THAT up, just trying to make you feel award. Good thing you didn't call him.

Sassy Britches said...

Eeesssh. I'm not a fan of the tattooed forehead "I'm spoken for," but this would be the PRIME situation for it!

The Gnu said...

oh, what can you even say to that. you should have done the brush-stray-piece-of-hair-away-from-forehead-with-ring-finger maneuver lol

Gwen B. (aka skinny bitch) said...

Oooooo. Yikes. Totally Awkward.

Honestly though, who does that!? "I gave you my number, BUT YOU NEVER CALLED!?"

?????

great way to get back in touch.

Megan said...

Ugh yeah. HE's the one that made that an awkward situations. Dufus! lol

Errant said...

ha ha ha .. it's not always good to recognize people that you're familiar with .. sometimes they are not the person you're supposed to come across anyhow .. lol

raf said...

I suppose that now you realize how lucky you were for not having phoned him, because you've already met your husband..(although I assume you wouldn't have phoned him anyway)

Girl On A Journey said...

Hahahahaha that poor guy...he was probably waiting by the phone.

Moi said...

hilarious - how awkward to run in to someone randomly like that...

RecoveringActor said...

HAHAHAHAHAHA. I also worked at a grocery store... and I can safely say that no random guy ever gave me his number. But that's hilarious.

Jules said...

You turned down a random dude who had decided to try picking up chicks in the grocery store? And he was surprised??? Oh, yes, the "awkward" is all on him!

Sass said...

Definitely more awkward for him.

But funny, nonetheless. ;)

pj said...

I worked at a supermarket in the produce dept and I never met so many women in my life. Produce was right by the front door so I had first crack at whoever walked in, perfect. Ahahaaa what a jerk I was.

LegalMist said...

Too funny!

But what a goofball! Giving his phone number out without first finding out whether you wanted it!!

Snarky A. said...

Ouch. Awkward for sure.

Gaston Studio said...

Probably glad you never phoned him, right?

Anne's Friend said...

who would bring that up? AND who gives out their number in grocery stores? funny story-

alissa said...

haha thats very weird. when he remembered that he shouldve just been like 'well who knows' not call you out on it!

Leetid said...

Hello! I have given you an award over at my blog.

Curly Muse said...

Fist Awkward Tuesday coming soon!

J&D said...

 

視訊 影音視訊聊天室 視訊聊天室 視訊交友 視訊聊天 視訊美女 視訊辣妹 免費視訊聊天室

色情遊戲 寄情築園小遊戲 情色文學 一葉情貼圖片區 情人視訊網 辣妹視訊 情色交友 成人論壇 情色論壇 愛情公寓 情色 舊情人 情色貼圖 色情聊天室 色情小說 做愛 做愛影片 性愛


免費視訊聊天室 aio交友愛情館 愛情公寓 一葉情貼圖片區 情色貼圖 情色文學 色情聊天室 情色小說 情色電影 情色論壇 成人論壇 辣妹視訊 視訊聊天室 情色視訊 免費視訊 免費視訊聊天 視訊交友網 視訊聊天室 視訊美女 視訊交友 視訊交友90739 UT聊天室 聊天室 豆豆聊天室 尋夢園聊天室 聊天室尋夢園 080聊天室 080苗栗人聊天室 女同志聊天室 上班族聊天室 小高聊天室


AV AV女優 自慰器 自慰器

視訊 影音視訊聊天室 視訊交友


網頁設計 網頁設計公司 最新消息 訪客留言 網站導覽

 

In my opinion, we don't devote nearly enough scientific research to finding a cure for jerks. ~ Calvin & Hobbes