Friday, April 3, 2009

These things are not related to each other

  • I just noticed that I have quite a few rants posted on here lately, which is weird, because in real life, I've been feeling extremely happy! Maybe it's the blog therapy that's making me happy - I get all of my anger out here and then I'm happy everywhere else. Hmm...

  • The post below about the blog Help Me Pay For My Wedding is getting some interesting discussion. Join in! And, just as an FYI - I did donate to her. When I wrote my original comment that she featured on her blog, I wasn't planning to donate. My attitude was more along the lines of, "This is a creative idea, but I'm probably not going to give her any money." Then I saw all of the nasty comments about how everyone should be giving every dollar they have to blind orphans, and I decided to contribute money just to spite those self-righteous jerks. I figured that anything that ticked off so many rude people deserved a few of my dollars.

  • Turns out that "Help Me Pay For My Wedding" is not the first blog asking people for donations to fund a wedding. Matt & Meredith, a recently engaged couple from Pennsylvania, started a blog in January called Help Our Wedding Make Cents. (I don't know if they were the first, either, but I hate researching things, so let's just pretend they were.) It looks like they're getting less nasty comments than the other blog, which could be attributed to the fact that they're only trying to raise $10,000, and every penny they raise over $10,000 will be donated to the American Cancer Society. Also, they have pictures of themselves, and they're a really cute couple, so that probably helps, too. Good luck, Matt & Meredith!

  • Julie is celebrating her one year Blogiversary, so you should stop by and leave her some sweet comments! Also, her blog features a puzzle of her face, so even if you're not into celebrating one year blogging anniversaries, you should go to her blog and tell her how cool the puzzle is.

  • Our landlord just told us that he wants to start showing our condo to prospective tenants next week. Good thing my packing method so far has been to pull all of my belongings out of closets, dressers and shelves, and leaving them strewn all over the floor. Hopefully, prospective tenants will all be slobs who will think, "Oh, good! Now we know that all of our mess will fit on these floors!"

  • I went to the dentist the other day to have my teeth cleaned (my least favorite activity ever, because I hate the sound of metal scraping against anything, and I hate when people touch my teeth), and when they polished my teeth, they used this fancy new machine that sprays baking soda and water at your teeth at a really, really high velocity. It was like sand-blasting, but for teeth. Torture would've been more pleasant. Now I have a new reason to hate going to the dentist.
  • On Wednesday, the little Feedburner widget to the right of my page said I had 250 subscribers. Yesterday, it said I had 19. Today, it says 16. Either Feedburner is malfunctioning, or 234 people suddenly decided that they hate my blog.

17 comments:

Gaston Studio said...

Interesting ramblings. I, too, hate the dentist and everything they do to make my teeth stay well!

Isn't it also interesting how people react differently to request for donations... to anything!

Former Fat Chick said...

ha-ha they hated that you gave $ to the wedding chick do they all LEFT! hahaha

Mrs. Newlywed said...

Realtors always want to seem to show property when it looks its worst.

I think that is a law of nature.

steph anne said...

I agree 110% with everything you said about the Dentist. IHATEGOINGTOTHEDENTIST! Even worse.. I always get a headache after a visit to the dentist.

I think Feedburner is messed up because it said I lost 10 subscribers too.

Julie said...

Thanks so much for the bloggy love!!! And yeah, that puzzle hides the wrinkles. I'm just sayin...LOL

Phat Mama said...

I'm probably not going to donate to either couple because I'm a broke hillbilly. But I think that other people need to relax and not be so anal over the little things.

I'm with you on how to pack & how many ways one can despise a trip to the dentist.

MelO said...

I'm HAPPY to hear you donated to her. Personally, I don't see anything wrong with that. People need to be able to donate money to whoever they wish. Wtf??

MY said...

Hey now. Uber-cool posting about both of us goofy young couples. I have to admit, my fiance thought I was really silly for creating the blog, but it's had some nice readership. I'll dedicate my next post to YOU, Darling. (Let me know if it's okay to link back to you?)

Thanks again. Go team, go!

Julia@SometimesLucid said...

I love the fact that you gave her money. Damn communists - trying to tell people what to do ;)

SkylersDad said...

Regarding your feed widget, I was told there would be no math over here...

Lady Jane said...

Glad to hear you donated. I haven't been able to check the site...but its on my very long to do list:)

Fancy Schmancy said...

I rather like your rants. And your post yesterday was top notch. So much so that I also emailed the lady and told her about it. Have you noticed the post she put up last night?

fallgirly said...

I am sure it's just blogger acting up. I still love your blog!!

MuseSwings said...

I saw a few complaints about feedburners out there in Bloggyille today....but noone complained about a loss of clientele so I suppose you should take this personally. I haven't figured out what it is, otherwise I would sign up.
I hate dentist's sand blaster thing too. It's worse than waterboarding, but you don't hear the Supreme Court banning it.

Mt word verification is "nonfoe" so I guess we're peaceful friends.

Gwen B. (aka skinny bitch) said...

I think that the new tenants checking out your condo will def appreciate the "preview" of mess so they see how it will look after it's lived in! haha.

Realtors really do pick the worsts times to show houses.

Kassandra said...

I was reading mine the other day and realized there is more negative then positive. I really should try to write happier things lol

J&D said...

 

視訊 影音視訊聊天室 視訊聊天室 視訊交友 視訊聊天 視訊美女 視訊辣妹 免費視訊聊天室

色情遊戲 寄情築園小遊戲 情色文學 一葉情貼圖片區 情人視訊網 辣妹視訊 情色交友 成人論壇 情色論壇 愛情公寓 情色 舊情人 情色貼圖 色情聊天室 色情小說 做愛 做愛影片 性愛


免費視訊聊天室 aio交友愛情館 愛情公寓 一葉情貼圖片區 情色貼圖 情色文學 色情聊天室 情色小說 情色電影 情色論壇 成人論壇 辣妹視訊 視訊聊天室 情色視訊 免費視訊 免費視訊聊天 視訊交友網 視訊聊天室 視訊美女 視訊交友 視訊交友90739 UT聊天室 聊天室 豆豆聊天室 尋夢園聊天室 聊天室尋夢園 080聊天室 080苗栗人聊天室 女同志聊天室 上班族聊天室 小高聊天室


AV AV女優 自慰器 自慰器

視訊 影音視訊聊天室 視訊交友


網頁設計 網頁設計公司 最新消息 訪客留言 網站導覽

 

In my opinion, we don't devote nearly enough scientific research to finding a cure for jerks. ~ Calvin & Hobbes