Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Tova's Totally Awkward Tuesdays

Today is Tuesday, and that means that we all get to post a story about how terribly awkward we are. Blog about your own awkwardness, then link below so the world can read about how you don't know how to behave in public.

This week's story actually happened to me on a Tuesday, which makes it extra special.

I think I've mentioned before that I'm not particularly well-endowed in the boob department. I've always been skinny (I also have almost no hips and butt), so I'm proportionate and everything, but I've been known to wear push-up bras to give me a little help.

A few weeks ago, I bought a new bra, and I really liked the way it fit, so last Tuesday, I decided to go back and buy more. This particular brand of bra comes in really bright colors and patterns (one that I almost bought but decided against at the last minute was orange with pictures of goldfish all over it and had purple lace around the edges. Instead I opted for red and black plaid, pink with black polka dots, and red with pink lace.) So when I went up to the counter with the three bras I'd chosen, the lady at the counter commented on the fact that the bras I'd chosen were all very colorful. She was a sweet Indian lady who was probably in her 60s, and we began chatting as she rang me up. I told her that I'd bought one bra of this brand before and really liked it, so I was getting more. She picked one up and said in a very thick accent, "They have a lot of padding in them. Do you like that?" To which I jokingly replied, "Well, I have no boobs, so I need all the help I can get."

She just kind of looked at me and nodded, then began talking about something else. As she finished ringing me up, she told me that the store had come out with a new line of bras, and then pushed a catalog towards me.

It was a catalog of bras for women who have had mastectomies.

Apparently (and, in retrospect, quite understandably), she had taken my comment to literally mean that I had no boobs as opposed to just having small boobs. I had no idea how to respond to the catalog, I didn't want to embarrass her since she was trying to be helpful, and I figured I'd already crossed the line where discussing boob size with complete strangers is no longer appropriate, so I just smiled and nodded, made some sort of noncommittal comment, thanked her, and then high-tailed it out of there.

Tova's Note to Self: Maybe in the future, it would be best not to discuss your boobs with strangers.

Now go write your own awkward post, then link below!


19 comments:

Lady Jane said...

Ha ha...that totally reminds me of an **awkward** moment..I think I will go write it up. Great post!

Cathy said...

That was a good one!

I finally did an Awkward post. But I did Mr. Linky wrong, and put my name instead of the name of my blog. This is what happens when you have insomnia and are still up at 4 am...

Cora said...

Awww, you know, a familiy friend of mine just had a double mastectomy last year (yes, she is doing WONDERFULLY, thank goodness!!) and so I think this story is incredibly sweet, Tova. I heart that bra lady! :-)

Girl On A Journey said...

Lol yeh this is partcularly awkward lol

Ryan Ashley Scott said...

I would never have imagined that mistake - and I discuss boobs with everybody. ;)

It's funny how women have no problem discussing size issues with other people, but you'd never hear a man say, "oh, my penis looks like a light switch." What's that about?

Former Fat Chick said...

if you ever get new ones you will be showing them to everyone, like your first car!

Call Me Cate said...

If you can't discuss your boobs with strangers, who *can* you discuss them with?

kim said...

That was so nice of her, in a weird and kind of intimate way. But it was good that you didn't say anything to her and make her feel awkward. You made the right choice by just smiling and leaving!

Jane226 said...

That's hilarious! My favorite part of bra shoppping is getting to talk about boobs with the workers. Being a girl is awesome sometimes...

SkylersDad said...

Ryan is so right, guys would never consider discussing penis's with each other.

Lady Jane said...

OK..I did my first Totally Awkward Tuesday post!!!

M.Kerkmann said...

I am awkward, so I have many of these moments...

Kelly said...

That's great!!!!

Emz said...

haha, that must've been a great experience lol... AWKWARD!!

Tabs said...

I finally have followed suit and posted my own totally awkward tuesday as well.

Let the catharsis begin.

Miss E said...

Too funny! I can see where that would be awkward...to the point that no words could rectify the already-awkward situation.

alissa said...

haha love it. i have been guilty of many of the 'no boob' comments and everytime i say i wonder if ive overstepped my boundaries. today at lunch for instance in a quiet restaurant...

Smalls said...

Ha ha ha ha ha! I am also in the same boat as you - skinny and "no boobs". I would have frozen too if the lady gave me that catalog!

You have got to tell me what brand that bra is! They sound super cute, and it's so hard to find a good fit :P

J&D said...

 

視訊 影音視訊聊天室 視訊聊天室 視訊交友 視訊聊天 視訊美女 視訊辣妹 免費視訊聊天室

色情遊戲 寄情築園小遊戲 情色文學 一葉情貼圖片區 情人視訊網 辣妹視訊 情色交友 成人論壇 情色論壇 愛情公寓 情色 舊情人 情色貼圖 色情聊天室 色情小說 做愛 做愛影片 性愛


免費視訊聊天室 aio交友愛情館 愛情公寓 一葉情貼圖片區 情色貼圖 情色文學 色情聊天室 情色小說 情色電影 情色論壇 成人論壇 辣妹視訊 視訊聊天室 情色視訊 免費視訊 免費視訊聊天 視訊交友網 視訊聊天室 視訊美女 視訊交友 視訊交友90739 UT聊天室 聊天室 豆豆聊天室 尋夢園聊天室 聊天室尋夢園 080聊天室 080苗栗人聊天室 女同志聊天室 上班族聊天室 小高聊天室


AV AV女優 自慰器 自慰器

視訊 影音視訊聊天室 視訊交友


網頁設計 網頁設計公司 最新消息 訪客留言 網站導覽

 

In my opinion, we don't devote nearly enough scientific research to finding a cure for jerks. ~ Calvin & Hobbes