Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Tova's Totally Awkward Tuesdays

After the drama of last week, I could definitely use a laugh or two, so I'm going to continue with Totally Awkward Tuesdays as planned. I'll update you all on my friend at some point...

Today's story is really more of an "almost totally awkward" moment, but it could've been really, really awkward, so I'm going to share it. It actually happened just this past Friday.

At our office, Fridays are casual day, so when I got dressed last week, I put on a pair of jeans that were hanging in my closet. I'd been wearing them for a while before this incident took place - I took out the garbage in them, drove to work in them, walked across the parking lot in them, and went up a flight of stairs in them. After I'd been in the jeans for about two hours, I got up from my desk to go to the bathroom. As I was walking down the hall, I felt something brush against my ankle. I looked down, but there was nothing there, so I walked a few more steps, then turned around again.

There, in the middle of the office, was a pair of my underwear. A black lace thong, to be exact.

Apparently, the thong had been inside of my pant leg before I put my jeans on and had slowly worked its way down before falling onto the floor. I ran back, scooped it up, shoved the offending thong into my pocket, and then sprinted to the bathroom where I stood for a few minutes and contemplated the humiliation I would've faced if I hadn't turned around and noticed that my underwear was in the middle of the floor. Everyone would've immediately known they were mine, since I'm the only woman of my size in the office, and they had fallen out a mere three feet from the door of the office of one of our male senior staff members. If he'd found them, I probably would've just gone ahead and quit my job.

Lucky for me, this was only an almost awkward moment. If anyone other than me had found my underwear, I probably would have been too traumatized to share this story with you all for at least another week or two.

It's your turn! Share your awkward moment and give us all a good laugh.

16 comments:

Sassy Britches said...

Oh. my. word. Even though it was "almost," just thinking of the POSSIBILITY gives me the shivers. Crisis averted!

Gaston Studio said...

Glad to know it was an 'almost'!

Girl On A Journey said...

lol your awkawrd moments always brighten up my day

Ryan Ashley Scott said...

That might have just taken the cake for awkward moments if you hadn't turned around. I can't even imagine the humiliation!

Joanie M said...

Oh my goodness! That beats the day I went to work with my shirt inside out. (and yes, I got caught!)

Adriana said...

OMG! What a relief you weren't found out!

Jules said...

That is beautiful, even without the actual public humiliation! Which, btw, congratulations on avoiding!!

MuseSwings said...

Good thing you found 'em before they got hoisted up the flagpole along with the company logo! Very funny! I had a sock fall out of my pants leg once. Socks are welcome in comparison. Very funny!

SkylersDad said...

I was expecting to read Bounce sheet, but undies are waaaaay better!

Great story.

Tabs said...

What did you do with the undies after you retrieved them? It could be the makings of another awkward moment if you leave them, say, in your desk, or purse, for another inopportune discovery.
Good thing you caught it though. :)

kim said...

We both had underwear stories today! Who would've thunk?

Glad yours wasn't as traumatic as mine....

Jennifer said...

Something similar happened to my BFF in high school, but it was her slip, and EVERYONE saw it happen. Thankfully she is pretty well adjusted. She just picked it up and kept walking.

Grammy said...

Hi this is my first time here. I would have been like you and felt a bit out of place. I posted an awkward moment for my cat.I hope you don't mind.

Miss E said...

O.M.G. thank goodness that didn't turn out worse! That could've been so embarrassing!

Tova Darling said...

Thanks for sharing your stories, everyone!

Mrs4444 said...

That is AWESOME, in a very awkward kind of way. That's happened to me, too, but with socks. :)

In my opinion, we don't devote nearly enough scientific research to finding a cure for jerks. ~ Calvin & Hobbes