Monday, June 29, 2009

To answer your question...

Since my blog has started getting all of these fun new visitors, I've been getting some fantastic comments and emails! I'm enjoying every minute of it. Most of you are sweet or interesting or complimentary or informative or inquisitive or funny in your comments and emails, and I love you for it. And then there's the guy who claims that I am not in love with Mr. Darling because I know how to pole dance, and somehow, this guy has decided that I must therefore also be in love with my stripper pole? I am not making that up. I didn't even respond to his email, since I couldn't think of a sufficiently sarcastic way to tell him that I am not, in fact, in love with a piece of metal. (For the record, though, I am not, nor have I ever been, in love with an inanimate object.)

After my last post, several of you asked if Mr. Darling gave me a foot massage before we filled out forms, and the answer (of course) is yes. :)

One question a lot of you is asked is how I got three columns in my blog layout. I owe it to this post on Blogger Buster. She explains how to get three columns on your blog, so I followed those instructions, and voila!

Another question I've gotten from quite a few of you is how you can get more readers. My advice (for whatever it's worth) is this: Find blogs you like, follow them, and comment, comment, comment. Participate in as many Meme's (themed blog topics where you write something about yourself, Totally Awkward Tuesdays, for example) as you can. And of course, it really doesn't hurt to be Blog of Note.

The last question that I've gotten more than once is, "Where do you live?" The answer is that since I'm anonymous, I can't tell you. My mother-in-law could have spies anywhere. Also, now that you all know how amazing Dr. Darling is, if you knew where we live, his fan club might go to the hospital with fake medical problems just so that they could meet him, and his bosses might not look too kindly on that.

On an unrelated note, Joanie suggested that I have a Tova's Totally Awkward Tuesdays button that people could post on their blogs to link back to mine for Tuesdays. It's a completely awesome idea! Unfortunately, I have no idea how to go about creating a button. Am I blog-challenged? Perhaps. But if any of you want to help me, I'd be eternally grateful, and of course give you full credit for your blog wizardry.

I'll leave you with a fabulous quote delivered by Mr. (Dr!) Darling the other day. I was blogging and he was ready for bed, and I kept saying, "I'll be there in just a minute." Finally, he laughingly said: "Listen, I know your blog is incredibly popular, I know you're like a rock star now, but I have needs too!"

14 comments:

Moxie said...

Tova's a rock star like Gene Simmons! :)

I used to know of this website that helped you make buttons... But that was many moons ago, and I can't remember the website. I'll be on the look out.

Sandi said...

I think you are totally right about people faking medical ailments. Stay anonymous!

wendy said...

Dr. Darling is just that...darling. :) Enjoy your new bloggy friends. :)

From a faithful reader who sucks at leaving comments!

Carrie said...

He's right about one thing Tova, you are DEFINITELY a rock star. :)

SkylersDad said...

Hmmm, "I have needs too" never has worked with my wife. ;^)

Gina said...

Thanks for the advice! I have definitely been trying to alter the HTML to include a third column, with no success. It's awfully frustrating when you only know partially what you're doing.

Julia@SometimesLucid said...

You are definitely a rock star! Congratulations on all your success so far.

Tabatha said...

the site i know of to help make buttons is down right now, but if/when it goes back up, i'll pass it on. :)

mollymouse said...

I found you on blog of note and having been reading since... but I don't leave that many comments! :P Anyways, I totally thought the 3 column look was cool, so I decided to look for a pre-made template! Google search: "3 Column Blogger Templates" and you'll find a whole bunch! I choose good ole' minima.

Ebony Haywood said...

You mean there's actually a post that will teach me how to construct 3 columns for free! I always thought I would have to pay someone to do that for me. Thanks for sharing. :)

Katherine said...

Although I am very curious about where you live (because I just relocated and you did and it would be cool to be in the same place) I understand being anonymous. I would if I had a MIL like that. I don't think mine knows what a blog is.

Drahdrah said...

Dr. Darling sounds wonderful. So nice that he's willing to share you with your fans, at least to a point !

gorrión said...

Tova, I love your blog and I read every post (I think)! So now I have a question of my own--how do you schedule a post in advance? Like, so you can write T.A.T. in advance, then it will automatically post at 12am or whatever. THANKS!

You are a rock star, but I think Dr. Darling probably still has first dibs!

Karin Katherine said...

Love Dr. D's quote...and so glad I found your blog.

In my opinion, we don't devote nearly enough scientific research to finding a cure for jerks. ~ Calvin & Hobbes