Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Tova's Totally Awkward Tuesdays

So, I've totally been slacking on blogging for the past week or two. Sorry about that, gorgeous fellow bloggers! I've got a lot on my plate at the moment, but that doesn't mean I should neglect you. I'm sorry! Please forgive me!

Even though I've been a blog slacker for the past week, I can't neglect the awkwardness that is Tuesday. This one is an oldie but a goodie.

Way back in my elementary school days, my siblings and I went to a pediatrician who totally sucked (seriously, she was awful - she was a wannabe psychologist who attributed all of our health problems to some imagined emotional trauma inflicted on us by our mom. When I was getting stomach aches every day, the pediatrician asked if my stomach hurt because I was sad that my mommy "left me" every day to go to work. Turns out I was lactose intolerant. So not only did she ignore my actual problem, she made my mom feel like crap. She was the worst.) Anyway, the pediatrician sucked, but her nurse was pretty great. She had long, long, looong hair, which I thought was the most glamorous, beautiful thing ever. That has nothing to do with anything, but I shared it anyway...

On one particular visit to the pediatrician (perhaps the one where she attributed my headaches to stress caused by my mom - I actually had a sinus infection), I had to give a urine sample. The pretty nurse with the extremely long hair walked me to the bathroom and told me that I needed to go to the potty. Being the extremely agreeable child that I was, I promptly ran over to the toilet, sat down, and... fell in.

Someone had left the toilet seat up, and in my haste to cooperate with the nurse, I failed to notice that. She laughed until she about died, and I was drenched and mortified. Luckily, I didn't catch any strange communicable diseases from the toilet, because I'm sure the pediatrician would've had a field day blaming them on my mother. I am officially the poster child for why men should put the seat down after using the bathroom.

Ok, your turn - share an awkward moment, old or new, on your own blog. Link back to my blog so that others can join in the awkward fun, and then link to your blog below.

Oh dear... as some of you pointed out, Mr. Linky is MIA. I definitely included it, but when I scrolled down, ALL of my Mr. Linkys have disappeared, and their website is down. So, it's apparently a problem with that site. If you wanna share an awkward story, just link to it in the comments, and I'll post your link in the body of this post.

Ok... it looks like Mr. Linky is back. Post away!


21 comments:

Megan said...

Hahahahaha! Priceless!

Moi said...

Hahahahah..I remember doing that - stupid older brother I grew up with!
great story!

Gaston Studio said...

LOVED the pediatrician for my children, so lucky we were!

Joanie M said...

Hahahah!!! Oh my, that was funny! I bet we've all done that at least once in our lives.

Former Fat Chick said...

Oh GAWD, for a moment there I thougth you were going to throw up on her hair or do something terribel to her hair!

M.Kerkmann said...

I can only say, I had 3 older brothers growing up. I've done my fair share of falling in the toilet...

kim said...

So...I've done that before. As an adult.

Adriana said...

That is the worst feeling in the world. I did that one time in the middle of the night because hubs left the seat up. Needless to say that after being woke up in the middle of the night by my scream (I was pretty much asleep and very pregnant at the time) he has NEVER left the seat up since. LOL! We forgive you for being gone but miss you a lot too!

Ryan Ashley Scott said...

Aaahhhh! How awkwardly funny! And gross. Ewww. Sounds like the doc had some mommy issues of her own, huh?

LegalMist said...

awesome tale! but where's Mr. Linky this week?

SkylersDad said...

I think you post awkward moments from your childhood because your mom left you to go to work. ;^)

Tabatha said...

it happens to the best of us.

what happened to mr linky?

LegalMist said...

Here's my story for this week:

http://legalmist.blogspot.com/2009/05/tova-darlings-totally-awkward-tuesdays.html

I'll check back later to read stories by others!

MelO said...

That's ok, Tova... I've been oh-so-neglecting the bloggy world, too. Hilarious story... I hope you haven't continued to make that mistake many more times ;)

XO

MelO said...

oh yeah... WEIRDO DOC!!!! I think you could do a whole blog series just on that pediatrician, alone!

Nyxmyst said...

I can't post on mine because I've got drama going on this week. lol. Perhaps next week but... I've got a worse one for you..

Ya know that long hair? Mine is down to my hips. I love my long hair. Unfortunately when your boyfriend pulls your scrunchy out during.. ermm.. well.. and you forget..

When you wake up at 2am to pee?

Yeah, sitting and peeing on your hair and your shriek and dive into the shower waking up said boyfriend so he can laugh his tush off at you?

Ugh.

Tova Darling said...

The lack of Mr. Linky link has had quite a negative impact on my Totally Awkward Tuesday!

Jules said...

I hate it when that happens! Must be potty humor week, as my story is about the caddy of auto toilets :)

Sherrlyn Borkgren Photography said...

haha I love what Adrianne said about screaming and that her husband has never done that again. AT least we have toilets...(I just returned from Congo) no one ever heard of a toilet and I learned to hover on the ground holes.

Currently Untitled said...

unfortunately i can also say i've done that (when i was a kid! geez, i'm far too co-ordinated to do it now)

i have an award for you over at my blog today, come check it out!

Chris said...

Reminds me of the evil Dr. Guss from my childhood. Seriously, was there ever a better name than "Dr. Guss" for a mean doctor? I think not.

I entered my "awkward moment", one of many actually, on the Mr. Linky thing, but here's the URL just in case:

http://cdmauger.blogspot.com/2009/04/lo-siento-senor-poopie-pants.html

In my opinion, we don't devote nearly enough scientific research to finding a cure for jerks. ~ Calvin & Hobbes