Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Tova's Totally Awkward Tuesdays

Look! I remembered! Hurray! Although I remembered Totally Awkward Tuesdays today, the downside is that I really think that I may be out of awkward stories. Seriously. Unless I'm able to dredge up some more long-repressed memories of times I humiliated myself in public, Totally Awkward Tuesdays may be totally over. It's been going for over eight months, and that's a whole lot of awkward, even for me.

But don't mourn quite yet, my friends, because I still have one more awkward memory to share. Those of you who've participated or at least read the Totally Awkward Tuesday stories over the last few months will not be at all surprised to learn that this is yet another "Tova and her friends made fools of themselves while ogling boys at summer camp" story. Remember that time that I said I wasn't boy-crazy as a teenager? I think I may have been in denial.

As I've mentioned once or twice before, my cousin Hannah, my friend Mae and I all went to the same summer camp every year, and we spent a good deal of time developing crushes on fellow campers (always of the male persuasion) and then following them around like junior stalkers. When we first arrived at camp each year, we'd spend a few hours scoping out that year's crop of campers to see which cute boys had returned from the year before and which cute boys were new. Then we'd find somewhere to talk so that we could compare notes on which of our crushes from the previous summer had returned.

This particular year, Hannah and I had noticed that one particular cutie, whom we'll call Nate (actually, come to think of it, his name may have actually been Nate... or maybe not. I can't remember, so I'll go with Nate) had returned to camp that year as he had for the last three or four summers. We also noticed that he was wearing a cast on his right arm. When Mae arrived a few hours after we did, Hannah and I quickly sat down on a bench with her to tell her which boys we'd seen and asked her if she'd passed any on her way in. As we went through the list, one of us mentioned that Nate was there and that he had a broken arm. When Mae heard that, she contradicted us by saying that she too had seen Nate when she came in, but that he did not have a broken arm, and perhaps we were getting him confused with someone else. But Hannah and I were adamant that no, it hadn't been anyone other than Nate, and that yes, his arm was in a cast. We cheerfully disagreed about this for a few minutes, then moved on to other subjects. After we'd been sitting on the bench talking for awhile, who should walk past us but Nate, complete with a cast on his arm.

Mae looked up, saw him, and before she had a chance to stop and think, blurted out (loudly enough for him to hear), "You're right! He does have a broken arm!"

We spent the rest of the week engaged in friendly bickering as to who should be most embarrassed over this incident (Hannah and I insisted that we should be, since by saying "you're right," Mae had outed us as the ones who were talking about him. Mae insisted that she was more humiliated, because she was the one who said it.) and speculating as to whether or not he had guessed why we were talking about him and his broken arm (probably).

So, ladies and gentlemen, that's my Totally Awkward Tuesday, and it just may be the last one. That means that you should definitely, absolutely, 100% participate this week, because it might be your last chance! For old time's sake, here are the rules:

1. Think of an awkward story that happened to you and then blog about it. 2. Link to my blog from yours. 3. Post a link to your totally awkward post in the MckLinky box below. 4. Ta Da! You're Totally Awkward!


47 comments:

la aventurista said...

hmm I think McLinky's broken:( anyway, isn't it great reliving those boy-crazy summer camp moments? Gotta love it! here's my awkward story: http://laaventurista.blogspot.com/2009/09/totally-awkward-tuesday.html

NINA said...

Great Story! glad u remembered..haha
I'm leaving my story here:

http://ninastheories.blogspot.com/2009/08/kids-when.html

Megan said...

LOL So funny! Teenage crushes are the best {and worst}! haha!

http://meganswishingwell.blogspot.com/2009/09/tat-tst-anti-song-bird.html

Gaston Studio said...

Great story Tova. Too bad your friend was using her outdoor voice!

Cora said...

Oh no! Does this mean Totally Awkward Tuesday is over, Tova?!

:-(

Carrie said...

The end of Totally Awkward Tudesday? Oh no! :(

But if it is the end, it was a brilliant end. :) Great story, Tova!

Jules said...

Tova, Darling, say it isn't so!! Surely you can dig deep into the recesses of repressed memories and find more!!!
And YOU were in the right to be embarrassed about this one. Nate wouldn't have known you were eyeballing him otherwise :)

Georgie K. Buttons said...

Oops.

gorrión said...

NooOOOoooo... :'( Totally Awkward Tuesday can't be over! I look so forward to Tuesdays. And I even learned how to spell "awkward" just for the event. Not to mention, I have awkward situations happen at least once a week, if not twice. Am I the only one who is drenched in awkwardness? SAY IT ISN'T SO! My TAT stories multiply exponentially, so much so that I cannot possible publish them all. I don't know what I'll do if you discontinue it! Maybe you should "will" TAT on to somebody else if it really is... *gulp*... over.

April said...

LOL...I just found your blog!! And I love it!! Hilarious....

NINA said...

I would be honoured to be in charge of this section.
Have plenty of awkward stories for years to come.
xox Nina

Liam said...

Awkward stories. Please! don't get me started.

Niki said...

Wow you're Mother in law sounds evil.

NINA said...

I'm leaving my TAT here for now.

http://ninastheories.blogspot.com/2009/09/tat-my-awkward-surname.html

NINA said...

Leaving my TAT here for now:

http://ninastheories.blogspot.com/2009/09/tat-my-awkward-surname.html

Elanor said...

Hi, just found your blog. You're a really good writer! I'm definitely coming back for more!

Nice story, speaking out loud can cause embarrassing moments. I once met a high school friend on a concert. He was with a girl, I've never seen before. But I knew that a few months earlier he was seriously dating a girl named 'Mary'. So I'm greeting him and enthusiastically I'm saying: "So this is Mary!" And obviously... it was not :D

gorrión said...

I'm sad because you now post less than I do...

goodeda1122 said...

男女,潤滑液,
SM,情趣內衣,內衣,性感內衣,角色扮演,角色扮演服,吊帶襪,丁字褲,情趣用品,情趣用品,飛機杯,自慰套

自慰套,自慰器,情趣,自慰套,情趣,視訊交友,充氣娃娃,性感丁字褲,AV,按摩棒,電動按摩棒,情趣按摩棒,

按摩棒,變頻跳蛋,跳蛋,無線跳蛋,G點,

Laura said...

Hi my darlin look at how amazing your blog has grown!

Stop by today for some comment love for the Under the Sheets-shhh Blogaversary! Yippee...

la aventurista said...

Tova!! We miss you :( TAT is definitely not the same!

NINA said...

I put a MckLinky in my blog.
Feel welcome to share your awkward story there!
Tova, when are you coming back??????
Miss you!!!

LegalMist said...

Tova Darling, where are you? It's ok if you are out of awkward stories, but you can't possibly be out of *all* kinds of stories, now can you? Or have you moved your blog and forgotten to tell me? I hope you are well...

eda said...

潤滑液,SM,內衣,性感內衣,自慰器,充氣娃娃,AV,

情趣按摩棒,自慰套,角色扮演,按摩棒,跳蛋,情趣跳蛋,
按摩棒,電動按摩棒,飛機杯,視訊,自慰套,自慰套,情趣用品,情趣內衣,

.,
情趣,G點,性感丁字褲,情趣,角色扮演服,吊帶襪,丁字褲,情趣用品,無線跳蛋,男女,

gorrión said...

ARE YOU OK??

Emmalane said...

McLinky is McBroken?!

I hope life's experiences are peppered with an awkward moment here or there to keep them coming :)

Check out my TAT at :
http://bassackwardsblog.blogspot.com/

Secret Sylvia said...

oh, and remember how big of a deal those things were? I want to go back to those days. I never thought of myself as boy-crazy, either, but I guess there have been times where I've made a fool of myself in front of a crush. Oh...I feel so old! What's happening to me!?

Carrie said...

Tova dear, I don't know where you've gone, but I must say: I miss you. :/

Erin said...

I just found your blog and LOVE your Totally Awkward Tuesdays idea! I really hope it's not over because I would love to read more!

Qoshni said...

Hello from UZBEKISTAN!!!
Could you visit my blog http://qoshni.blogspot.com/
in order that the flag of your country, will be added to the index of my visitors?
Thank you for your support.

.::L said...

I hope that in your absence you have acquired a number of awkward moments to share :)

LegalMist said...

Are you OK? Have you given up your blog forever? We miss you...

If you've moved, will you email me at legalmist at gmail etc to let me know where you are?

The Girl in the Orange Background said...

Tova where are you??!!

Chelsea Talks Smack said...

how have i missed totally awkward tuesday? i need to partake!

The Crap Blog Detective said...

Where did you buy that writing degree?

Katy said...

Lol :-) thats such a cute story! thanks for that

Georgie K. Buttons said...

I gave you an award! http://authorsdesk.blogspot.com/2009/10/stealing-word-from-spider-i-dub-this.html

DNAcinema said...

ciao! ha aperto i battenti il nuovo portale di cinema direttamente dagli studios di Cinecittà. News, recensioni, anteprime, foto, video e tanto altro ancora; e se vuoi collaborare con noi scrivendo recensioni scrivici @ dnacinema@yahoo.it http://dnacinema.blogspot.com/ P.S. Complimenti per il blog, ottimo lavoro! (saresti daccordo per un'affiliazione? ci terrei particolarmente...) A presto! Lorenzo

♥ Cinderella ♥ said...

Tova come back. I miss reading your blog. I don't care if you're out of awkward stories. Please come back. kthnxbai

andregastelum0104 said...

cool....................................................................................................

yellaalley95 said...

Hey! I gave you an award (another one to add to your already big collection). Just come on over to check it out!

Married to a med student - Marissa Nicole said...

Its been several months.... we miss your blog? I hope everything is alright! Your readers are worried!

bendprue said...

Lucky to u........................................

Lamar said...

Earlier this year I sent out this video to illustrate how the current administration is masquerading as a leadership team different from the previous one. The video documents how the choice between Democrat and Republican is really no choice at all. Recent history has confirmed the message of this video. Here we are almost a year after Bush left office and we see that really only the rhetoric has changed. The same program of economic, military, and civil rights disintegration remains in full effect. The sequel to this video is now available to shed more light on this false choice of governance. This sequel exposes: 1) how mega banks like Goldman Sachs created this financial crisis to then introduce their solution: a government hand-out of trillions of dollars to them; 2) how this same scheme is being set up again on a global scale through the development of a cap-and-trade derivatives market; 3) how Obama is simply managing this economic disintegration program that was furthered by Bush (and his predecessors) going back as far as Carter; 4) how Obama's actions have been just as unconstitutional as Bush's and how our country is being pushed deeper into an oppressive surveillance society. The sooner we acknowledge this false choice of governance we are given, the better the chances are that we can produce a real choice that represents us, not the institutionalized power structure pillaging us. If you would like to learn more about the timely issues raised in these videos please visit this alternative news website, where these videos were produced.

Jet said...

Your blog is very nice .I really like it !
Merry Xmas !


----------------------------------
Welcome to my website : http://9wallpapers.blogspot.com/ . This
is a website where have a lot of beautiful wallpapers .Especially ,
all free !!!!

maxineguess said...

過去的事早已消失,未來的事更渺不可知,只有現在是真實的..................................................

prashant said...

Great Story! glad u remembered

Work from home India

gg said...

性感內衣,情人趣味愛蜜莉,
跳蛋影片,自慰,

跳蛋情人趣味,情人趣味用品,
情人節禮物,情人趣味愛戀,
情趣用具,
跳蛋,情趣用,

按摩棒,按摩棒,
飛機杯loveoyea,吊帶襪,
自慰器,自慰杯,
情人趣味用品液,影音情人趣味,
情趣用品,情趣,
情人趣味千奈,情人趣味用品店,
情趣味用品,情趣用具店,


情趣,情趣用品,

In my opinion, we don't devote nearly enough scientific research to finding a cure for jerks. ~ Calvin & Hobbes