Thursday, August 18, 2011

Tova's Back...

... and she's totally knocked up!

Yep, Dr. Darling and I are expecting a little peanut towards the end of February. If it sticks in there for a few days longer than it's scheduled to, I could end up with a Leap Day baby, which would be great, because I'd save a fortune in birthday party expenses. (Just to clarify, it won't actually be a peanut. It will be a baby. And we would almost definitely celebrate its birthday every year.) I figured the miracle of pregnancy/impending growth of my abdomen was a good reason to start blogging again.

The question that I've been asked a handful of times thus far is: "Were you trying?" Frankly, it seems like kind of an awkward question to ask, since what they're really asking is, "Were you having sex with a specific goal in mind, or were you doing it just for the heck of it?" However, in case anyone was wondering about the intentions Dr. D and I had while we were in our bedroom, the answer is: Yes; we were trying to make a baby. Write that down as one of the few times I've set a goal and then actually reached it.

Anywho, to celebrate my re-return to blogging (again), I'll be doing a giveaway! Stay tuned!

So, in 10 words or less, tell me what I've missed in the... year and a half I've been gone.

18 comments:

E said...

Welcome back! And congratulations! You were missed.

Thumper said...

Congrats! Welcome back! You missed...um...stuff. ;)

Carrie said...

OMG! You're back! I had hoped this day would come. ;) Congratulations!

Anyway, in the last 1.5 years you missed:

A marriage, a puppy, and a fabulous trip to Paris.

-Carrie from carrotspeak.

Tabulous said...

I had another baby, and (I'm completely not lying) she's named Tova. Maybe inspired by you, but not for you, if that makes sense. It means good in Hebrew, in case you didn't know.

Now I feel like a creeper. But glad you're back! And mazel tov on the addition-to-be!

Auntie Em said...

Congratulations!!! Sheesh -what have you missed in the YEAR and a HALF since you magically disappeared on your adoring followers? -- well this follower has- met a good man with problem, worked through this problem with said good man, gotten married to good man, had a baby boy that is his fathers clone, and getting adjusted to life as a Stay at Home Mom with TWO kids and a husband she rarely sees. I am SOOOOO glad you are back and am looking forward to hearing all about your adventures!

Dollface said...

Welcom back!! And super congrats.. cant wait for peanut to come, xxxoo

Tova Darling said...

Thanks, everyone! Holy cow... I've missed a lot! Looks like I have some MAJOR catching up to do!! Congrats Carrie, Tabulous and Em! Also, Tabulous - best baby name EVER!!

Laura @ My Thoughts-Uninterrupted said...

Welcome back and congratulations! Since you have been gone, I've had a baby who is now 10 months old. Welcome to the baby club! It is such an awesome adventure.

SkylersDad said...

Welcome back! You have been missed, and congratulations to all of your reproductive bits and pieces on a job well done!

As far as what you have missed? My life is like the movie groundhog day, same exact thing every single day...

Cathy said...

YAY! I've missed you. Speaking of peanuts, mine is 5 months old now :-)

Congratulations!!

nonstopfeisty said...

Welcome Back, Tova! Congratulations! I restarted my blog about two months ago. To give you an update on my life in ten words or less is impossible! As it turns out, I may be pregnant also. Haven't confirmed yet but, it's looking really good. If you've the time and the inclination feel free to read mine it'll bring you up to speed.

J.J. in L.A. said...

Congratulations!!! That's a damn fine reason to come back.

In the last 1 1/2 years, I've had a crapload of medical issues...but I'm MUCH better now.

J.J. in L.A. said...

Oh! And I started another blog because this one was found out. E-mail me if you're interested...

jfjinca@yahoo.com

Molly said...

I missed reading your blogs SO much! Glad to have you back. :-)

Katherine said...

Holy cow, you came back! I knew that you couldn't be gone for good. Let's see, in the last year and a half, I've gotten through a year and a half of residency, the Hubster has started dental school, and our lives are even crazier.

Absolutely congratulations!

{ Nina Designs } said...

Congratulations!! I hadn't read this post!!

Miss E said...

Dying laughing. The 'were you trying?' question is so awkward. Glad you're back!

Cora said...

Ohhhhh Tova! Congratulations!

Ten words or less, you say? Umm.... okay, I'll try: Got married. Moved to Chicago. Suing ex-husband. Big road trip.

There!

*patting self on back*

In my opinion, we don't devote nearly enough scientific research to finding a cure for jerks. ~ Calvin & Hobbes